+ Reply to Thread

Question Insurance replacement for I300?

Anyone had there I300 replaced through insurance lately? I did a search, but the most recent info I found was from May '03.

I was just curious if they were still replacing I300's with actual I300's or I330's or I500's?
    Nicky

Mods,

I just saw the Lockline thread where "jiggy" got his I300 replaced by another I300 only a month ago. Feel free to delete this thread.
    Nicky

hold the phone

I just got a sphi500 from an insurance exchange. On the phone with lockline I mentioned that that i had to return my original phone three times due to the screen blemish thing. I asked that if they send a i300 make sure it did not have this problem. The lockline guy said he would mark my request that i wanted the next comporable model because i had problems with the 300. I was expecting a i330. The i500 throws me for a loop, as i know very little about it.

I own the I500, and it is a fantastic phone!! Search the I500 forum for any questions you may have.

My above question is for my husband's boss. He ended up getting an I330 to replace his I300. They only sent him the phone (no cradle). What's up with that? I had him call the insurance people back and give 'em hell. Hopefully he will get everything he needs.
    Nicky

I got to say...

I am catching on to the i500, but I do not think it will be as functional for me as the i300 was. My main complaint is no speakerphone! How can you make a six hundred dollar phone without speakerphone capability? I used the speakerphone constantly with the i300. Plus, I could PDA while in a conversation. Browsing on the i500 seems a little more cumbersome as well. I used to use the i300 buttons (the ones mapped to the forward and back functions of Blazer) and my finger to click links. This seems more difficult on the 500. Maybe, I will find this easier after customizing etc. The up side is that the 500 is much more stylish. The size and weight is amazing. The screen is much clearer, and exactly the same size as the 300 minus the graffiti section. (I will also miss Jake's full screen Blazer hack) I just wanted to let all the people still using the 300 that it is still a very nice phone. I am not really complaining and feel lucky to get the i500 as an insurance replacement.

Replacement Phone

I just got an I300 replacement in the mail, suprisingly it's a brand spankin' new phone, not a refurb. Anyway....you guys know where I can get the logo hack for it?