+ Reply to Thread

Angry Desperate for i300 Original Software

I need the original software for the i300. I bought the phone on e-bay but didn't come with the software. I'm not getting the full potential. Please let me know if someone has an extra. I'm desperate.

What Software are looking for?

The original software cd only had the palm desktop and pocket mirror application.

You can find those online for free.

I thought it also came with a browser upgrade to the blazer browser full color. Is that not right?

Administrator
    you can get that off the sprint site

I've been trying on the sprint site but to no avail.

Administrator
    did you go into your manage page and go into downloads? it supposed to be there..

you can also search this archive for the browser also...

avantgo has a pretty good browser that you can use..

I'm also looking for the original software that came with my i300, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any suggestions as to where to find it?

Originally posted by golobos
    I'm also looking for the original software that came with my i300, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any suggestions as to where to find it?

I just loged into the samsung developer website and it is no longer there. I can see if i can find my disk somewhere around the house but i think you will be out of luck unless someone has that ISO image somewhere. Anyone still have it or an old Samsung disk? I also belive that since you dont need the USB drivers the Palm Synch software on the PalmOne website should work.
    Last edited by Falconier; 02-10-2005 at 12:32 AM.

Software for I300

Hello

I just got a I300 from Tiger Direct and I receive 3 CDs with it

One with the Internet Browser ( BLAZER )
    There is only one file in this disk, BLAZER.prc which is around 390KB

One CD with all the PALM stuff and the manuals
    This one contains AVANTGO, VERSAMAIL , and the PALM desktop
    This is 55MB all together

The third CD is the USB driver for the USB data cable I got with the phone.

I guess I can email the PRC file to whoever wants it.
    If somebody want a copy of the 55 MB, I can create a ISOImage and store this on my personal web site. But since this is mainly the palm desktop that you get get on the PALM website http://www.palmone.com/us/software/palm/

As a matter of fact, I am NOT using the version of the palm desktop that came on that cd, I downloaded a more recent one from the PALM site

So let me know what you want !

Have a great day

What version did you download?

Hi, I'm selling my i300 on eBay and want to offer the software download as an incentive to purchase from me. However, I've been to the Samsung website and there are no software downloads for this unit. Can someone please tell me what version of the Palm Desktop I should link to? Also, could someone email me or attach in their post the i300 drivers? Thanks so much!
    So... what's in your pocket?

Palm V --> Visor Edge --> Jornada 720 --> Tungsten T2 --> K7135 --> Back to my T2 --> What should I get now???

<insert witty saying here> g4lt's Avatar
    TBH, blazer isn't the best browser out there for Palm. Look at EIS (eudora internet suite)
    WW-era Sprint: what do you MEAN I'm out of minutes, I've only talked for ten minutes this month! vision-era Sprint: what do you MEAN I didn't answer, I've been on my PDA all day!

I too bought a 300 with no software on ebay and had to buy the software on ebay. I can email you what I have, Just send me your email address, mine is pabrooks15@msn.com

I've got a cd

Hey...

I bought my phone off of ebay as well and got a cd.

If you want, i can burn a copy and send it to you... if I can figure out how to copy the disk....

sanfranlindsey@yahoo.com

If anyone can get me a copy of this software, I will gladly pay you (paypal, etc). I need a copy of the original cd if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
    bjc11991@gmail.com

I just purchased a i300 from Tiger Direct. It came with a battery that doesn't hold a charge, the Palm cradle, which doesn't work and a setup CD that only has the Palm software. I didn't get the manual or users guide. If anyone has a digital version please PM me.

<insert witty saying here> g4lt's Avatar
    Originally posted by crashdanet
    I just purchased a i300 from Tiger Direct. It came with a battery that doesn't hold a charge, the Palm cradle, which doesn't work and a setup CD that only has the Palm software. I didn't get the manual or users guide. If anyone has a digital version please PM me.
    I know sprint has the manuals online, in pdf format. maybe verizon does too?