+ Reply to Thread

Would they Replace my Phone? What do you think?

Sorry for the long explanation , my question is at the bottom...

Recently I've been having a bit of trouble with my i300. The screen is set to remain on for 60 sec. But lately in an erratic fashion, the screen was turning off when I was entering data on the pad or just jumping between the phone, scheduler, or contact buttons. I couldn't figure out why or what the pattern that was causing this unusual and VERY disruptive behavior.

It got to be too much to take so I called Sprint to go the replacement route.

Background: Originally I bought a i300 just over 2 years ago. Last May I went on a fishing trip and lost the phone. I called the replacement service (Lockline, I think) and I got a new i300 refurb. (By the way my phone turned up 2 months later, a friend had it in his stuff. On a side note I’ve always wondered what I should do since I have 2 now)

So I called Sprint the phone Rep said my phone is under the 1 year warranty until May. Wow your kidding I was thinking, the referb phone has a 1 yr warranty. Advised that I Go to a Sprint Store and swap for a new one. Oh wow I was pumped, I knew it was unlikely they would have a i300 so I might get a i500.

Well I go to a Sprint Store, explain to the problem And they give it to their technician in the back. They come back after 10 min and said they could not make it do what I saying.

So I step to the side and start tinkering with my i300 for a while and I finally figured out what the problem is, it's the screen button on the side. It has become EXTRA sensitive. I noticed you don't even have to push it anymore to turn the screen off, just lightly place you finger on it and the turns the screen off. Well the button is located exactly there my fingers hold the phone when I'm using it, so just by entering data on the pad and holding the phone turns the screen off.

I know this might sound a little stupid but it's really a problem. I had an i300 for 2.5 years so know how it's supposed to work and this is a problem for me.

While I’m there I ask about the warranty, they look up my phone and inform me the new phone had a 1 yr warranty, but referb phones have a 6 months warranty. SO they advised that I use the equipment option and pay $35 deductible.

OK, so now my question. I'd like to get a replacement for my i300, and it would be totally awesome if I can get an i500 for it. What’s the best way to do this? Does anyone see any problems doing this through the Sprint equipment plan considering 2 things:
    1) I replaced my lost phone 12 months ago with Lockline, and
    2) Will the problem I’m having be considered as a malfunction (it sure is when I’m trying to use it) that they will allow replacement, which looks like it would be a i500 from the above posts.

(I've been reading the posts and it looks like some people are still getting I330 or i500 as replacements. Or are the most recent replacements just i500's)

I just came home from the Sprint store with my new (refurb) i330. I went in last week and told the rep that it dropped calls all of the time and was spotty connecting to data. As it was intermitant, their tech couldn't reproduce it. The rep found that they are no longer sending out i300s and gave me the i330 as a warranty replacement.

I only got the phone with no accesories. However, a short call to the *2 people and I have a desk charger, extended battery and software with cable on the way for free.

Good luck to you.

The Man...The Myth...The Legend! jrocket_m's Avatar

what phone did u have before?

did they upgrade you or did you already have an i330?
    "The best thing since wresting!"

Sorry

I thought I clear. I had an i300. It failed and I went in for a replacement. I now have an i330.

Now I need to find someone who wants to buy my i300 desk charger and spare battery.