+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Headset recommendations?

any headset recommendations? does the I300 have a standard connector so that most headsets compatible with the I300?

I think I'm looking for one that has an actual boom mic, instead of the microphone dangling on the cord...

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I love my jabra eargel boom mike, they are also coming out with one with a built in cord winder in nov

Administrator

Cool

i have the piece from sprint. its in its on case and its retractable!

any more options?

does the sprint unit have the boom mic? anyone else using a headset with the boom mic with their I300?

best buy had a bunch of different models, not sure which one will work with the I300, anyone have model numbers?

thanks

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

hey "big boss"

the sprint version has the mic in the ear thingy...

any version you see at best buy is compatibile with the i300... (tip/ring configuration).

the choice is up to your tastes!

hmm... mic in the ear? so the mic isn't located a few inches down on the cord?

and the sprint version has the button let you dial out without touching the phone, correct?

thanks

Brooks

I have one from Sprint that has the answer/end/initiate voice dial button on the ear piece and the mic is located a few inches down the cord. I think it is the same one Marc has except his has a retractable cord (mine has a coiled cord).

Administrator

Arrow

boss...

the earpiece has the mic inside the earpiece and it retracts in the case.. i have atached a pic of it! it also has the butotn on the side of the earpiece to start/end calls also!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headset recommendations?-ear.jpg  

Try Sony's Headset for $39.99

I have been using Sony's headset with boom
    for about 2 weeks now and am very impressed.
    First of all, I am told the clarity of my voice is
    superb without much background noise of the
    busy city. There is also a mute key on the
    cord as well as volume adjuster. I've tried
    other boom earpieces and have worried about
    the reception ratio of my voice to background
    noise. This piece has the long, thin, flexible
    arm that fits wherever you like. Perhaps the
    best feature is it's earpiece. Have always been
    annoyed by the discomfort of pieces that don't
    fit an ear exactly. The rubber extension( the
    package actually includes three diff't sizes) molds
    to your ear comfortably. Try it! I'm including a
    pic and comments from Sony Style.

OVERVIEW:
    Sony's TL-DR150EX wisp.ear Hands-Free Earset for Telphone/Cellular phone is a light, durable headset and fits most cellular or home cordless phones with a 2.5mm phone jack. The TL-DR150EX features noise cancelling technology for clearer sound, volume control and muting for greater control, light and flexible wisp pipe microphone, ultra-lightweight 5g (.18oz), compact 9mm driver that fits comfortably in ear and is supplied with S/M/L earbuds to fit most ears.

FEATURES:
    Light and flexible wisp pipe microphone
    9mm Inner ear type headset for telephone
    S/M/L sized earbuds
    Volume control and muting switch
    Ultra-Lightweight 5g (approx. 0.12oz.)
    Noise canceling system
    Cellular phone compatible
    Compact 9mm driver fits comfortably in the ear

http://www.sonystyle.com/electronics...id=9063&type=p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headset recommendations?-tldr150ex.jpg  

Administrator

Arrow

looks great!

you can get it here for $25.75. i rememebr hearing about this when it came out a few months back but forgot about it... but after reading on it i think its a cool earpiece.. at a great price!

i think ill jump on this one~!

thanks MJ!!

Nrosser said he was gong to get this... you listening rossman???

I like the sony one.... too bad it doesn't have the button to make and end calls though....

I went to the local sprint store last night.... . they didn't have that silver one... I ended up getting the only one they had with the button to make and end calls.... no boom mic...

Brooks

always listenin'

oh yeah, I'm listening. I got the Wisp Ear from Sony about a month ago, and I really like it (and I have no less than 8 various ear buds - always searching for the best one). A summary of the good and bad:
    Good:
    -Great transmission, due to the closeness of the mic. I work for a speech recognition company (for the phone network, not on PCs), so having clear voice transmission is important while driving.
    -Somewhat cool looking - definitely unique.
    -Having the ear part basically embedded in the ear canal means that you REALLY hear what's coming through. It basically blocks out any ambient noise, on that ear. That really helps in high-noise areas like airports, etc.
    -It also feels more permanent than ear buds, since it's really inside your ear. Less chance of dropping out. You can also turn your head any direction, and the mic stays with you. Very Madonna-esque. Just need the cones now.

Bad:
    -A little hard on the inside of the ear, since the ear part is in the canal, rather than just 'hanging' on the ear like most ear buds.
    -Hard to eat/drink with the device deployed, since the mic can be very close to the mouth. Of course, you can move the mic.
    -Mute button is depress only. It can't be switched on and off (yes, you can do this via the phone, but..)
    -Not as transportable as the common ea bud - this one requires a bit more careful winding, etc.
    -Somewhat strange looking - definitely unique. I feel a bond with the fast food drive-thru workers and their headsets.
    -No answer/end function, as has been mentioned. Of course, with the 6035, I answer handsfree. Prob so as well with the I-300.

Bottom line:
    I use this ear bud now exclusively, out of the 12 that I have (don't start). I have the Sprint retractable one, but the volume for me was terrible - no one could ever hear me, and I replaced it once. So - get one, and you'll never go back (but be careful - you may find yourself with the sudden urge to go on tour with The Material Girl, or Janet, or someone)

Administrator

Arrow

see.. thats the kind of detailed post i wanna see.. i knew rossman was on the case....

thank you very much for that rossman... i take your review as gospel because you are so much into the headsets, and i rememebr you raving about this one back in the day...

im going to order it tomorrow!!!!

rossman is da mannnnnnnnn!!!!!! :o

damn your job sounds cool rossman!! :p

Madonna here i comeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

What do you mean exactly by answer hands free on the I300?

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by mjorange
    What do you mean exactly by answer hands free on the I300?
    on the 6035, when someone called you , the lady in the phone would say "...incoming call... answer?" and if you said "yes" then the call would commence. the 6035 is a baad ass phone~~!

i think rossman thought we could do that on the i300...

is there a headset that has all the following?:

a) boom style mic
    b) retractable
    c) button to voice-dial/end calls
    d) comfortable ear piece (either gel or wrap around style)

that would be a killer headset. seems like the new retractable jabra ear boom or the sony come close, but still no cigar.

I just picked this up today. It's a combined belt clip and headset. The mic is in the earpice, not down the cord. The quality seems fine to me despite the odd mic location. The cord is retractable, with a ratchet mechanism to keep it at the desired length until you hit the release button.

There is a post that attaches to the back of the phone by way of a very strong adhesive. It's working out well form me so far (though it's only been about 3 hours)

The clip rotates 360 degrees, so when I sit the phone swivels to a comfortable postion. It also has a 'one touch' button that is I300 compatible.

CompUSA, $39.99

I'm an earbud freak, so let's keep this going...

I've seen these, and wondered about their usefulness. Based on my (poor) experience with the retractable Sprint one, I still question the ability of callers to hear me, having the mic way up by the ear.
    So if I understand how this one works, the clip/headset combo clips to the belt/waistband, whatever, and then the phone clips to the unit - right? So, given that, I have a question about the size of the combined unit. With the clip thing (which itself seems a little thick), and THEN the phone added to that, does the total end up sticking off your hip about 2 or 3 inches? So if you cut a corner close, <whap> off goes the phone.
    I'd be curious to see your comments on the usability, after a few days and a bunch of calls......

just bought a jabra earboom winder specifically made for samsung phones with on/off activation button....sweet! got it at compusa for 39.99 (not cheap)

Administrator

Arrow

body glove makes one asnd it looks pretty sweet.. saw it at best buy today. anybody else seen this one? ots for 25 bucks with a 10 dollar mail in rebate...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast