+ Reply to Thread

dealing with scratched screen

While I wait and wait for Sprint to release the sph-i550, my sph-i300 screen is getting more and more beat up. I have a rough spot and a scratch in the graffiti area that really interfere with handwriting recognition.

Would it help "smooth things out" to put a screen protector on the scratched screen? If so, what do you recommend? The highest-rated screen protector on Brighthand.com was from Boxwave and isn't available for the sph-i300, though their customer support indicated they may have an appropriately-sized ClearTouch. (I'm mechanically inept, so dismantling the case and swapping screens are beyond me

Learn from me, put the screen protector on before you scratch it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    =S
    Clamshell w/ PalmOS + camera + MP3 + 4GB expansion card + GPS + Bluetooth + WiFi... build it already!

I use NuShield and fully recommend them. Would probably help with your problem. These are the type that slip under the sides and somewhat stiff. Not adhesive.

I'm on my third i300, due to wear & tear and LockLine insurance. When I received my second one, I went out and bought clear screen protectors to apply--before scratching up the screen, as I had done on my first phone. I could not find any that fit the i300. So I bought some for another model that are oversized, and simply cut them to fit. Not perfect, a little awkward, but it works. I then end up changing the plastic about every two months.
    Keith
    ~ My karma ran over my dogma. ~

then I cracked it

Thanks for the replies. I ordered some NuShields. Before I applied them I walked hard into a piece of furniture. I cracked the screen!

It's a sign from God telling me to ditch the i300 and get a Samsung sph-i550. But He is a cruel and vengeful God and the sph-i550 will not show up for months.
    =S
    Clamshell w/ PalmOS + camera + MP3 + 4GB expansion card + GPS + Bluetooth + WiFi... build it already!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I contacted NuShield. They said they don't have protectors for the Kyocera 7135 which I have. However, he also said that the Treo 600 one should fit. It will only cover the main screen, though, not the Graffiti area. I ordered a set of those, but unfortunately they do not fit right out of the box. I had to trim it by about 3/8 inch to get it to slide in properly. However, now that it's installed, it's great!! I like them!
    Michael