+ Reply to Thread

Can u use 4.1.2 OS upgrade with the i300?

I'm currently own a tunfgsten E and just bought an i300 pda/phone. Can I use the OPS from the tungsten (4.1.2) with the i300?

If not than can i get the data (addresses, calendar, etc) from the E over to the phone? If so how?

Administrator
    this is the palm desktop, NOT OS. you can use the pakm desktop with this phone but you CAN NOT SIMPLY SYNC UP YOUR PHONE TO YOU TUNGSTEN DB!!! this will cause you major grief. searching wil show you what i mean.

as for your contacts and stuff, just beam them over to your phone..

Mactrinixx- thanks for the quick reply. you are correct - I have the 4.1.2 desktop. Let me be sure I have this down.

1- It sounds like I can use this desktop with the i300 pda/phone.

2- I'm also hearing that i can beam my contacts,calendar, to do list, memos, expenses, etc and any programs (games and stuff) from my tungsten E to the phone. Like I would do when beaming a friends palm.

3- If I want to use the 4.1.2 desktop- will i need to reinstall it? Can I just add a new user name (for the phone) and then synch it with the phone? I guess this might be the easiest way possible to transfer my data back to the desktop and get up and running. What do you think?

Administrator
    yeah just setup a new profile. make sure though you do not sync your palm E to the i300 or you wil have major problems...

i would not beam over any 3rd party programs.... thats best if you manually reinstall them. but for your PIM info.. yeah just beam the over...

got it. i bought the phone on e-bay and it should arrive next week. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks again.

mac- i just got my i-300 and set it up... works like a champ. Friday it's off to Verizon to activate the phone and away we go!. The screen isn't really bright is it?