+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy HotSynch problem

I'm having a problem with Hotsynching.

I just tried using a USB serial adapter with my charging cradle (since the serial port on my CPU became loose and stopped working), but cannot seem to establish a connection bewteen my computer and my handheld. I was able to Hotsynch before with this cradle, so know that's not the problem.

I installed the adapter and the accompanying drivers properly, so don't think that's the problem either. And, the adapter (made by Belkin) states that it is universally compatible.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

In your hotsycing menu, Do you have it setup to use local USB or Local Serial?

It's set up for "local" and "direct serial", as opposed to "modem" and "IR to PC/Handheld". Are those the correct settings?

Is it possible that this phone doesn't allow a USB connection? It's an older model and I found something online last night suggesting this might be the case.

An older version of HotSync Manager is most likely installed on your PC. To correct this problem, reinstall the PalmConnect USB software. If your running Xp. You can download it Here.

Try it hope it works.

Thank you so much for your help!