+ Reply to Thread

i300 and message indicator

Howdy - My i300 seems to not display it's "message recieved" icon nor indicate under VM that a message is waiting. I have a feeling this is a break down between the phone and verizon could this be the case? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Don

I have the same problem...

Anyone?...

Yeah it's a SERIOUS pain in the butt and given the lack of responses not one given to solutions. Samsung has no info nor does the place that sold me the phone. Since there are others with this problem on Verison I still tend to think it's related to the service provider and the phone's combatability. The only black mark on an otherwise good wireless experience.
    Don

just a sugession

i set up my voice mail to call me when i get a voicemail. you may have to fumble around the menus to get it perfect. BBut basaically i know when the missed call i have is from my own number it is my voicemail.

mike

I've got the same problem too... It sucks, because other than this, the PDA is great. But, sometimes I won't check my voicemail for a while, and then when I do, I realize that there are a bunch of old time-sensitive messages that I should have listened to one day earlier... Grrrrr, very annoying and frustrating.

Also, has any Verizon customer been able to recieve text messages? I don't get anything.

Hey Mike what was the option through VM that you used to set call backs to your phone from the system?
    Don

Unfortunately it is a breakdown in communications between your unit and the verizon vmail service. When you have a vmail on your account Verizon is sending a signal to your phone but the phone does not recognize it as the firmware for the phone is still under sprint. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do until Verizon/Samsung releases a firmware that will be compatible for the unit. Your best bet is to have your vmail call your phone when you get one.