+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy I300 Sync ends in required RESET

Hi All,
    I spent the last hour reading many of the issues members have and some of the assistance provided!

I too purchased a Sprint I300 converted to Verizon here in Rochester, NY. I loaded the Palm upgarde to 4.1 and the Pocket Mirror link to Outlook. The phone activation on the Web was easy, and free I believe.

The problem: The synch works well and quickly, but as it is about to finalize with the "Cleaning Up .." message on the PDA Screen the I300 displays a required RESET message and the unit RESETs each time at the end of the sync. This happend with the Serial / USB Cable sync, and with the IR sync. Anyone have this problem yet? Any ideas for resolution?
    Thanks.
    Mario

try this

hit the reset button on the back and hold the power button while your resetting it. It will ask you to erase everything choose yes. Before you resync the phone/pda with your pc try navigating to the backup directory where all the installed programs go for your palm and remove one of the programs you installed before the resetting problem began. This may help or it may not. Good luck.

Rx4Mike

Administrator
    yeah you have a program thats causing this issue. before you try a cold boot, do a warm reset first (search for warm reset for instructions). it that does not work, then it will be best if you just reboot the phone from scratch and do a manual install of apps until you find the one causing this. you can just rename your backup folder so it wont be deleted and then delete your saved and unsaved prefs and also kill the archive folder (you can rename it also to keep it). once you do a virgin sync you will get new folders so no big deal.

this is a common issue with folks and palms and has been asked many many times. 9 out of 10 its a faulty program or file....

rx4mike and Marctronixx,
    Thank you both for your recommendations! I'll try them and report back the results in a day or two.
    Mario