+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Please Help - Battery died and lost all Palm info!!

This never happened on my Kyocera. Looks like I may have gotten a raw deal on this phone. Isn't there an internal battery that keeps the phone settings and Palm info? Is there a way to replace it or does anyone have any info that could help me?
    Thanks in advance!
    Audra

Administrator
    there is an internal capacitor that retains the ram memory but it is most likely gone bad in your phone.

there is no way to replace it. if you have insurance you should swap it OR look for another on here or on fleabay.....

Thanks Marc

Is this and short battery life to be expected on most of the i300s because they are old? In other words would I be safer with an i330 or are they getting pretty old too?
    Thanks,
    Audra
    Audra

Administrator
    there was not an issue with the i300s.. but they have been out for a long time that most of the ones that are out there are probably not worth much. if you keep a battery charged on the phone and shut the phone down before you replace the battery you MAY be ok.. this is not foolproof but it will help.

an i330 is a better phone all around and the capacitor in it will eventually go bad also.. they do not last forever.

having said all of that, if you can find a i330 i would definately get an i330...