+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation How to get Internet Access on your SPH-i300 - Verizon network

-please sticky this-

-also if other users have other ways of making this work, please post them here-

I DO NOT GET CHARGED FOR INTERNET BROWSING WITH THIS METHOD. I DO IT AFTER HOURS, WHEN I HAVE FREE MINUTES. IF YOU USE THIS DURING THE DAY, YOU WILL BE USING YOUR REGULAR MINUTES.

Load the BLAZER web brower to the phone with the INSTALL tool & Palm Desktop. Blazer was on the CD which came with the refurbished phone I purchased

Then just setup your phone:

PREFERENCES
    NETWORK (top left menu)
    user name: web (was already there)

Password: (do not change, should read -ASSIGNED-)

Connection: Wireless CDMA Modem

Phone: #2932
    (yes with the # there too)

under DETAILS
    Connection Type: PPP
    Idel Timout: Power off
    Query DNS: checked
    IP address automatic checked

Don't forget to also setup
    Connection: Wireless CDMA Modem
    Method: Data On Air to Modem
    Dialing: Touchtone
    Volume: Low
    Speed: 115,200
    Flow Ctl: Auto
    init String: at+crm=0;

It dials up @14.4k and blazer works great with pics. Sometimes it will disconnect, though. Also, do not forget to hit the disconnect button (the little red phone icon on the top of the screen) when you are done browsing. While online, you won't be able to receive calls. Instead, callers will instantly get your voicemail. And I do not pay for Verizon's web service either which is a plus.

SiMpLe
    Last edited by SiMpLe; 01-29-2005 at 10:05 AM.

Good info, yes this is what I also do. It dials up via your phone so make sure you do it on nights or weekends. Also make sure you hit disconnect when your done otherwise you could forget the internet is still on

Good point, I added that in my post.

SiMpLe

I am so frusterated. I bought a phone off of ebay and I tried everything, everything that you guys suggested, I mean everything and I kept getting the message that the modem was not found. I returned the phone and they sent me a new one and the same thing is happening. What am I doing wrong? I am so close to giving up and reselling this thing on Ebay. Someone help!

Baldino, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I am however selling my phone:

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...threadid=42015

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,
    SiMpLe

I can't use the web? it says "Security error: key not recognize." Anybody know how to fix this???

Originally posted by Baldino
    I am so frusterated. I bought a phone off of ebay and I tried everything, everything that you guys suggested, I mean everything and I kept getting the message that the modem was not found. I returned the phone and they sent me a new one and the same thing is happening. What am I doing wrong? I am so close to giving up and reselling this thing on Ebay. Someone help!
    You have to make sure you are using the blazer software that is provided to you on the disk with your unit. The stock browser software that is preloaded on the i300 will not work and give you similiar errors

I did everything you posted and all my phone does is display Dialing Verizon Wireless. What do I do??

I get an

Error:Serial:line
    error(0x0306)

PJ

So I was driving to work today and figured I'd give it a shot. To my surprise while on the freeway, It connected me. But then when I got to work to try it again I get the same damn error! What in the world? Is there a different work around? Perhaps dialing to an internet service provider maybe? Please help.

P.S. It'd be nice to have it for free you know!

PJ

Probably a difference in the type of signal/frequency: 1900/800/analog/digital. You may not have the proper signal type in your building. Or perhaps the Antenna tower in your area is flaky and doesn't support the modem handshake...

Try it outside, or in a different region altogether.

SiMpLe

That's a bummer. Is there a different workaround to this unstable network connection? Although surprisingly, I get really good coverage in areas I never had coverage on my old phone.

PJ
    Last edited by JoZeF-3D; 03-30-2005 at 02:41 PM.

Ok...So on the way home from work today, I kept trying to connect to the internet and I found the area/region that allows me to connect with free internet access. Keeping the phone connected to the internet, I was able to stay online until I disconnected to make a phone call. After disconnecting, I tried to log back on (at the same spot I disconnected), but I could not. I received the error again.

Whats the deal with that? Is t here a long version of the #2932 number? Perhaps entering the long version would work. I noticed that the call would immedietely drop at certain areas. Perhaps if you do a direct dial/call it might work?

PJ

Unhappy RE: ERROR: internet on verizon

I get the same error in my area..

Error:Serial:line
    error(0x0306)

..as someone suggested, I think it must be related to the connection type / quality.

HELP...

I would like to hae access to the internet, especially for FREE-- Any other Ideas would be appreciated!