+ Reply to Thread

Got Phone, got questions, thanks

So, I have the i300 in a box here. It didn't come with a stylus and it's currently at the set up and I can't get anything to happen without tha stylus. The eBay seller is sending me one so I'm waiting to do anything til that puppy gets here. Also got a few new ones coming that I bought on line. Seems like something that I'll lose a lot.
    Anyway, one thing I JUST found out (should have read the fine print better) is that this phone will RECEIVE text messages, but I can't SEND them. Not good, I text a lot. Is there a software upgrade that's happened that allows this phone to sent TMs? This might be a deal breaker for me.
    Also, does one HAVE to use the stylus to dial the phone?
    AND, can I use the Verizon web site to active the phone? Or should I just tell the rep tht I get that the phone is n150 instead of the real i300?
    Lastly, what's the one thing that you would change if you could about this phone?
    Thanks a bunch for your time. . .
    Ginny in Denver

Re: Got Phone, got questions, thanks

Originally posted by imagesinthewind
    So, I have the i300 in a box here. It didn't come with a stylus and it's currently at the set up and I can't get anything to happen without tha stylus. The eBay seller is sending me one so I'm waiting to do anything til that puppy gets here. Also got a few new ones coming that I bought on line. Seems like something that I'll lose a lot.
    Anyway, one thing I JUST found out (should have read the fine print better) is that this phone will RECEIVE text messages, but I can't SEND them. Not good, I text a lot. Is there a software upgrade that's happened that allows this phone to sent TMs? This might be a deal breaker for me.
    Also, does one HAVE to use the stylus to dial the phone?
    AND, can I use the Verizon web site to active the phone? Or should I just tell the rep tht I get that the phone is n150 instead of the real i300?
    Lastly, what's the one thing that you would change if you could about this phone?
    Thanks a bunch for your time. . .
    Yea as long as you put the stylus back in the silo than I doubt you will lose them often. You can still dial using your finger tip without hurtin the unit. You may want to invest in a screen protector as well if you do not have a case as the screen is prone to get scratches as it does not have a flip lid. Text messaging on this phone is only 1 way meaning you can only receive and not send. You can also just use the email program instead of TM if your end users access that frequent.

It doesn't matter what they put the model as as long as they put it on their system. Yea to save a few hassles from dumb reps I would just say n150.